MassMEDIC IGNITE 2022 Cohort and Alumni to Present at BIOMEDevice Boston
Free registration to join the Start-Up Stadium with code MassMedic
The Massachusetts Medical Device Industry Council (MassMEDIC) is proud to announce the lineup for the 2022 Start-Up Stadium at BIOMEDevice Boston on September 29, 2022. The second day of finance-focused content tailored to what growing companies need to know as the industry evolves, the Start-Up Stadium features pitches from six emerging companies in the Boston medtech industry.
Those featured in the Start-Up Stadium include two Medtech IGNITE Program alumni, RevMedica and Cellens, and the four active participants in this year’s IGNITE cohort, Oxford Heartbeat, BrilliantStrings Therapeutics, INA Biosciences and Synthera Health. Registration for the Start-Up Stadium on September 29, which takes place on the Expo show floor, is complimentary with code “MassMedic”.
Speakers in the Start-Up Stadium include:
- RevMedica is an early-phase medical device inventor and manufacturer. Driven by experience in the field, the company looks to innovate in areas that have been stagnant. Its first product in development, a laparoscopic surgical stapler, looks to disrupt the sector by introducing a reusable power module into a disposable sterile body. Thomas Wenchell, CEO and Co-Founder will present.
- Cellens offers high precision, urine-based cancer detection, which bring clarity and precision to cancer diagnostics through advanced nanoscale imagine and machine learning. Jean Pham, CEO and Founder will present.
- Oxford Heartbeat are the creators of PreSize® Neurovascular, a medical device software that supports the planning of neurovascular surgeries involving stent devices. By predicting the behaviour of a particular stent in an individual patient’s anatomy with a precision rate of 96.75%, PreSize® helps to ensure surgeons select the optimal device for their patient. Katerina Spranger, PhD, Co-Founder and CEO will present.
- BrilliantStrings Therapeutics has developed an activated collagen biomaterial capable of repairing injured or degenerated connective tissue (e.g., rotator cuff, meniscus, ACL, tendinopathy) and wounds. Activated collagen can dramatically improve healing, reduce recovery time, and strengthen the injured tissue. Jeff Ruberti, PhD, CEO will present.
- INIA Biosciences develops non-invasive, home-administered, and closed-loop medical devices that combine ultrasound and diagnostic sensing to manage chronic inflammatory diseases. Shen Ning, CEO will present.
- Synthera Health develops personalized care for iron deficiency and iron deficiency anemia. Heather Fraser, CEO will present.
“We are proud to once again work with BIOMEDevice Boston to not only bring our medtech ecosystem valuable programming to help inform their business decisions but highlight emerging companies looking to collaborate and grow within our regional industry and beyond,” said Rachel Robinson, chief operating officer of MassMEDIC and president of Medtech IGNITE. “It is always so rewarding to see our IGNITE companies share their expertise with our broader membership and to facilitate meaningful learning and connections.”
MassMEDIC is again hosting its Master Class Start-Up Series in collaboration with BIOMEDevice Boston. Held the day prior to the pitches in the Start-Up Stadium, The Master Class Start-Up Series is held on September 28 at the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center, and is designed for early-stage companies seeking to expand their business and ventures in the medtech investment landscape. Programming includes five panel discussions covering the gamut of information relevant to growing companies around market dynamics and various fundraising strategies. The same code (MassMedic) that gets you free access to the pitches and Expo, gives you $50 off a full conference pass to attend Master Class Start-Up Series programming.
BIOMEDevice Boston is the east coast's premier event showcasing emerging technologies and trends from cutting-edge engineers, innovative thinkers, and business leaders who impact the progression of the multi-trillion-dollar biomedical market. To learn more, visit: www.biomedboston.com.
Media Contact : Nichole Owens, email@example.com