SMC IS HIRING!
Help in the manufacturing of products that save lives while growing your career.
SMC Ltd. is a contract manufacturer of medical devices, drug delivery systems and diagnostic kits, including those used to fight against COVID-19. In these unprecedented times, SMC is considered an essential manufacturer and will remain open and operational.
We are looking for people wanting to make a difference and willing to learn. We provide a clean work environment, on-the-job training, and growth opportunities. Wages are based on experience. Local candidates only.
POSITION SCOPE AND PURPOSE: Supports new molding projects by providing internal tool cost estimates, managing the mold procurement process, and tracking of all external tool activities.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
• Manage mold procurement process from quoting through design, construction, and mold debug.
• Manage current tool suppliers, and develop appropriate new suppliers as required.
• Create internal tool cost estimates.
• Schedule and track all tool deliveries. Report mold progress to Project Engineers and ensure on
• Regular attendance.
OTHER POSITION DUTIES:
• Conduct internal mold design reviews to ensure appropriate design and compliance with mold
• Implement tooling changes as required to comply with customer quality specifications.
• Support the sales function by participating in customer meetings and product design reviews.
• Responsible for maintaining a safe work environment by following all company safety policies
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor or Master of Science in Engineering, emphasis on Plastics, Mechanical, or
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience in injection molding focused on mold making, mold design,
and tool procurement.
• Capable of Multi-tasking, organized, excellent time management skills.
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills to handle sensitive and confidential
• Strong technical and proposal writing skills. Must have strong presentation skills.
• Ability to exercise strong judgment in analyzing, evaluating and solving problems.
• Working knowledge of 3D CAD software. Solidworks is preferred.
• Ability to read, write and communicate in English
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
• Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of
force constantly to move objects.
• Ability to work for extended periods sitting and looking at computer while completing repetitive
motions to include substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
• Close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing and analyzing data and figures;
reviewing detailed information; viewing a computer terminal; and expansive reading.
• The ability to manage a number of projects at one time with frequent interruptions and tight
• Stooping, Kneeling, Crouching, Crawling, Reaching, Standing, Walking, Pushing, Pulling,
Lifting, Fingering, Grasping, Feeling, Talking, and Hearing.
EQUIPMENT USED: Computer, printer, telephone/cell phone, calculator, engineering equipment and
software, and fax machine.
CONTACTS: Customers, all SMC employees, Vendor Sales Representatives.
SUPERVISION OF PEOPLE: This position supervises employees.
ACCESS TO CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION: An executed non-disclosure agreement is required
prior to start date. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent(s) of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position. SMC Ltd. will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the ADAAA.
This job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and other job functions are subject to modification.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : ""
Experience Level : ""
Job Function : ""