Supply Chain/Operations Manager
Supply Chain/Operations Manager
MIACH Orthopaedics, Inc. is a privately held company dedicated to developing bio-engineered surgical implants for connective tissue repair. The company’s initial focus is on the Bridge-Enhanced® ACL Repair (BEAR®) technology as a viable alternative to conventional ACL reconstruction for patients who have sustained an ACL injury. The BEAR technology was pioneered by Martha Murray, M.D., at the Boston Children’s Hospital Department of Orthopaedic Surgery with initial research funding provided by the NFL Players Association, Boston Children’s Hospital and the National Institutes of Health.
Reporting to the Vice President of Quality Assurance, the Supply Chain Manager is responsible for managing Miach’s upstream and downstream supply chains. This includes working with Miach’s contract manufacturer, raw material suppliers and 3rd party logistics vendor to ensure continued availability of all raw materials and finished goods to Miach customers.
- As a member of the Miach operations team, serve as leader and champion for all supply chain activities
- Establish contract with vendor for 3rd party logistics, warehousing and product distribution to customers
- Ensure product availability based on current product forecasts
- Inventory management
- Develop metrics to monitor and report on customer order trends
- Setup and qualification of customer ordering portal via Miach website, and any other required databases
- Work directly with contract manufacturer to resolve raw material and sub-contractor issues
- Interface with contract manufacturer and other 3rd party vendors
- Maintain contracts with contract manufacturer and other 3rd party vendors
- Maintain finished goods receiving and shipping documentation/records
- Other duties as assigned
- BS degree in a technical or scientific discipline or equivalent experience; advanced degree preferred
- Must have 8+ years of experience in medical device manufacturing in an FDA regulated company
- Strong track-record in Class II medical device industry
- Must be familiar with 3rd Party Logistics (3PL) systems
- Successful track-record creating and installing upstream/downstream supply chain systems
- Experience with disposable orthopaedic implants and materials/consumables preferred
- Experience in a start-up company environment strongly preferred
- Experience working with contract manufacturers preferred
- Ability to ‘roll-up’ sleeves and do what it takes to get the job done
- High energy with a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter with excellent time management skills
- Must have strong attention to detail and be highly organized
- Ability to communicate at multiple levels of the organization and is effective in presenting their point of view
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to collaborate effectively across the organization
- Strong PC skills creating spreadsheets, databases, reports
Miach Orthopaedics actively recruits individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit and drive for excellence. We offer comprehensive benefits and competitive compensation packages. Miach is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified candidates and employees.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to our Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title of the position you are applying for in the subject line. Please note that this position is for local candidates only, relocation is not available.
Agency phone calls or submissions will not be accepted at this time.