Abiomed, a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for a Sr QA Engineer, to be based in Danvers MA. Abiomed is a pioneer and global leader in healthcare technology and innovation, with a mission of Recovering Hearts & Saving Lives. With corporate headquarters in Danvers, Massachusetts, and offices in Baltimore, MD, Aachen & Berlin, Germany and Tokyo, Japan, Abiomed’s 1,700 employees form one of the fastest growing medical device companies in the world. We attract and retain exceptional talent with our collaborative culture, passion for our work, and a strong commitment to employee professional development.
Patients First | Innovation | Winning Culture | Heart Recovery
The Sr. QA Engineer is responsible for all aspects of quality assurance within the digital communications software development life cycle (SDLC). This includes end-to-end accountability to test the quality of the user experience through visual inspection and functional testing against established QA principles, methodology and guidelines using both manual and automated testing. The Sr. QA Engineer will create manual test cases, execute test scripts and participate in defect remediation. They must be detail oriented and independently hold themself to high standards.
- Work with software engineers and product owners in an Agile team environment.
- Ensure that adequate practices are used during the development process.
- Responsible for all aspects of user acceptance criteria based on business and functional requirements. Prepare manual testing strategy for all global digital communication platforms.
- Execute automated and manual testing of websites, mobile app(s) and APIs.
- Prepare detailed documentation of software defects and communicate to developers using JIRA.
- Provide customer service to end-users: field complaints, bugs, access issues and other inquiries.
- Be a champion of Abiomed’s Patient’s First culture.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent is required
- 5+ years of professional experience in software testing methodologies in an agile environment, including web and React Native (iOS and Android)
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to multi-task while effectively managing time and meeting critical deadlines
- Ability to advocate for the customer/end-user experience
- Experience with Selenium, Cypress or similar test automation tool is highly preferred
Abiomed is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Abiomed will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law. Abiomed maintains a drug-free workplace.