About Teleflex Incorporated
Teleflex is a global provider of clinically effective medical technologies designed to improve the health and quality of people’s lives. We apply purpose driven innovation – a relentless pursuit of identifying unmet clinical needs – to benefit patients and healthcare providers. Our portfolio is diverse, with solutions in the fields of vascular and interventional access, interventional cardiology, surgical, anesthesia, cardiac care, interventional urology, urology, emergency medicine and respiratory care. Teleflex employees worldwide are united in the understanding that what we do every day makes a difference. For more information, please visit teleflex.com.
Interventional - The Interventional business unit at Teleflex offers innovative medical devices that are used to diagnose and treat coronary and peripheral vascular diseases. We place a strategic emphasis on complex coronary and peripheral interventions, vascular access, bone access, specialty biologic treatments and cardiac assist. Our current Interventional products include a broad range of clinically relevant solutions, such as our GuideLiner® and Turnpike® Catheters, AC3 Optimus™ Intra-Aortic Balloon Pump and OnControl® Powered Bone Access System. With a strong R&D footprint and pipeline, our fast-growing Interventional business unit is poised to continue the development of new technologies to serve critically ill patients for years to come. Join a dynamic, growing team that offers healthcare providers an array of medical technology solutions that make a difference in patients’ lives.
The Sr. Mechanical Drafter is responsible for maintaining Mechanical Drawings for products and tooling through Engineering Change Orders/ ECO/CO process. The role is responsible for coordinating and prioritizing the ECO/CO workload, making redline changes to drawings and controlling new drawings per department procedures.
• Manage and coordinate ECO/CO workload for department, ensures accuracy and completeness for all ECO/COs processed by Design Dept.
• Responsible for ECO/CO job aids, training, process improvements and department drafting standards.
• Coordinates with other departments on ECO/CO processing and system/process improvements
• Develop 3D models and 2D drawings for jigs, fixtures, gages and auxiliary equipment leveraging design experience and department design standards and best practices
• Assist with the modification and implementation of department related quality system procedures ensuring compliance with FDA QSR’s and ISO requirements
• Provide design and drafting support across the organization as needed
Education / Experience Requirements
• Associates or technical degree in Engineering Drafting and Design CAD/CAM
• 2+ year of experience in design and development of medical devices
• 3+ years of experience using Solid Works & PDM
• 2+ years of experience managing ECO/CO changes to Mechanical Drawings using CAD software
• Working knowledge of Oracle Agile PLM software or equivalent
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, etc. Adobe Acrobat
Specialized Skills / Other Requirements
• Working knowledge of SolidWorks, drawings, parts and assemblies
• General knowledge of manufacturing technologies: milling, drilling, turning, EDM, deburring, welding, broaching, stamping, extrusion, injection molding, etc.
• General knowledge of additive manufacturing technologies and materials: FDM, SLS, SLA, Polyjet, etc.
• Experience and knowledge creating mechanical drawings, interpreting product requirements and engineering specifications.
• Skilled and proficient application of ASME Y14.5-2018 Dimensioning and Tolerancing for Engineering Drawings standards
• Experience and knowledge of technologies related to catheter design and construction, such as extrusion, injection molding, adhesive, thermal bonding, welding, core winding, and reflow processing
• Experience with and working knowledge of ISO9000, FDA requirements.
• High mechanical aptitude and strong problem solving/decision-making skills. Ability to think critically and implement solutions independently
• Excellent oral and written communication skills. Proficient at communicating effectively across functions to achieve common goals.
• Ability to manage dynamic workload and prioritize small and large tasks efficiently.
• Attention to detail. Ability to manipulate small pieces of data with accuracy and focus, identifying information that does not fit and implement solutions.
Teleflex, Inc. is an affirmative action & equal opportunity employer. D/V/M/F. Applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status. If you require accommodation to apply for a position, please contact us at: 262-439-1894.
Teleflex is the home of Arrow®, Deknatel®, Hudson RCI®, LMA®, Pilling®, Rüsch®, UroLift® and Weck® – trusted brands united by a common sense of purpose. Teleflex, the Teleflex logo, Arrow, Deknatel, Hudson RCI, LMA, Pilling, Rüsch, UroLift and Weck are trademarks or registered trademarks of Teleflex Incorporated or its affiliates, in the U.S. and/or other countries.
© 2021 Teleflex Incorporated. All rights reserved.