The Sr. Manufacturing Engineer works on behalf of Elbit Systems of America Operations to provide direction to Manufacturing Engineering, Supplier Operational Excellence, and production organizations. The Manufacturing Engineer supports diverse technologies in the manufacturing of high quality analytical and medical instruments at competitive cost. He/she will coordinate, plan, review and improve manufacturing processes of existing and New Product Introductions ensuring production capacity, efficiency, and quality. The Manufacturing Engineer must effectively build cooperative relationships with Design, Quality, Configuration Management, Supply based engineering as well as other internal and external groups. He/she must also demonstrate attention to detail, Lean Principles, process capability, strong analytical skills, and excellent verbal / written communication skills.
- Review, evaluate and develop manufacturing processes with man, machine, material, and methods considered. Determining optimal sequence of operations to reduce time cycles, simplify tasks and reduce total costs.
- Improve manufacturing efficiencies by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, equipment, and floor layout.
- Prepare and support accurate parts lists, bills of materials, assembly trees, and out sourcing opportunities.
- Develop, evaluate and specify tools, fixtures, equipment and jigs for the manufacture of systems, assemblies, components, etc. assuring optimum operations for production areas. Recommend and initiate modifications to optimize production conditions.
- Identify and recommends test processes, procedures and equipment, coordinating with Systems and Quality Engineering departments.
- Interface and contribute in coordinating efforts with other engineering departments and vendors to assure efficient, cost effective production operations.
- Develop, evaluate, and review instructions, specifications and methods to support the product life cycle transitions from development into production.
- Prepare product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Provide manufacturing decision-making information to support capacity planning for labor, production schedules, and estimating future requirements.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Assure product and process quality by designing test methods; testing finished product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Assist design and development projects by training and guiding manufacturing personnel.