Software Engineer Embedded II/III
Software Engineer Embedded II/IIIat Triple Ring Technologies
Triple Ring Technologies, Inc. offers a unique environment for talented individuals. Headquartered in Newark, CA, we are an innovative research and development company that partners with clients to deliver complex technical solutions. Our highly interdisciplinary team includes senior professionals from industry, finance, and academia, with extensive experience in medical device, life science, clean tech, security, and industrial technologies. We both challenge and rely upon each other for technical excellence and for real-world engineering and commercial wisdom. Learn more about us at www.tripleringtech.com.
This position will design, develop, test and document embedded software for medical devices and other complex electromechanical systems.
- Design, develop, and test embedded software in C.
- Lead the design, development, and testing of embedded software products in medical and other industries
- Debug complex problems requiring a systems-level understanding of the product
- Create requirement specifications, software design documents using UML, and formal test protocols that are compliant with FDA guidelines and regulations
- Rapid development of software for proof-of-concept equipment including board bring-up, operating system bring-up, and device driver development
- Software project management, including defining work breakdown structures, scheduling, risk assessment, and issue tracking
- Mentor other embedded engineers on the team.
Education, Experience, and Skills
- B.S Computer Science, Computer Engineering, EE, or equivalent
- 5-10 years of experience developing embedded software in highly interdisciplinary teams, including direct interaction with scientists and/or systems engineers
- Languages: C, Python
- Experience with one of the following microprocessors: STMicro Series, TI Series, ARM Cortex, Freescale
- Experience with an RTOS (preferably FreeRTOS) and bare metal architectures.
- Peripherals/Protocols: SPI, I2C, PCI, USB, UART, DMA, Bluetooth, Ethernet, UDP/TCP, JSON, REST
- Knowledge in Embedded Systems, and Systems Engineering or Control Systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with system bring-up and use of tools such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, and network sniffers
- Comfortable breadboarding with development boards / evaluation kits
Triple Ring Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to workforce diversity, providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, or genetic information.