Canon USA’s Healthcare Optics Research Lab is collaborating with world class hospitals in the Boston area to turn cutting-edge medical research into usable, meaningful products. This Software Engineer (Engineer) position will contribute to the design, implementation and verification of software for one or more of the projects we are bringing to market. It is a hands-on role that may include all aspects of device software development: firmware and software, algorithm development and optimization, image processing, application and GUI development.
- Software analysis, planning, design, implementation, and verification of novel medical devices that consists of hardware control, data acquisition, signal/image processing, display, and post processing of medical images
- Work collaboratively with researchers and application development engineers in all software development phases
- Design and code medical-grade software that meet the defined software requirements and Design Inputs
- Create documentation adhering to quality procedures, regulations, standards and industry best practices under Design Control
- Contribute to product requirement development and risk management reviews
- Work effectively in cross-functional teams consisting of Research, Engineering, QA/RA, and Marketing
- Keep abreast of relevant and new technologies in the medical device field
- Report progress regularly to Senior Software Engineer
- Contribute to patent analysis and invention creations
- Education Required: Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Experience Required: 3 years in a software engineering role. Direct experience of software architecture design and development is preferred
- Strong understanding of modern programming languages. Proficiency in C/C++ is required
- Must be a team player and possess strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience in one more of the following:
- Developing for MS Windows
- Developing medical or other safety-critical products
- Designing complex hardware control systems using UML or SysML (Rational or Enterprise Architect)
- Knowledge and experience in image processing; experience using toolkits such as IPP
- GUI development
- OpenGL, GPU/CUDA, OpenCV coding
- Prototyping with MATLAB, Simulink, LabVIEW
- Intellectual property development
- Requirements analysis and risk management processes, e.g. hazard analysis and dFMEA
About our Company - Canon U.S.A., Inc., is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions to the United States and to Latin America and the Caribbean markets. With approximately $36 billion in global revenue, its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), ranks third overall in U.S. patents granted in 2018† and is one of Fortune Magazine's World's Most Admired Companies in 2019. Canon U.S.A. is committed to the highest level of customer satisfaction and loyalty, providing 100 percent U.S.-based service and support for all of the products it distributes in the United States. Canon U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility. In 2014, the Canon Americas Headquarters secured LEED® Gold certification, a recognition for the design, construction, operations and maintenance of high-performance green buildings. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company's RSS news feed by visiting www.usa.canon.com/rss and follow us on Twitter @CanonUSA. For media inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
† Based on weekly patent counts issued by United States Patent and Trademark Office.
All referenced product names, and other marks, are trademarks of their respective owners.
We are an EEO/AA employer. Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers’ site https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/about/careers, we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/about/careers.
#CUSA #LI-AV1 #CBAV #DICE
Share on your newsfeed
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Click here to get started.