Hyalex Orthopaedics is an award winning, venture funded medical device start-up developing transformational synthetic cartilage technology and implant systems for diseased and damaged joints. We address unmet clinical needs to improve patient quality of life so that we all can Be Active and Stay Active. Our Hyalex team is comprised of industry leaders, innovators, and experts who have developed and launched many successful commercial products as well as a team of brilliant engineers, scientists and medical professionals.
The Senior Technician will be responsible for conducting laboratory experiments and process work including following written and oral instructions to make, characterize and assemble novel orthopaedic products. This position will require hands-on activities in the Hyalex Orthopaedics laboratories and cleanroom. The individual in this position will also be responsible for maintaining the laboratory, coordinating the calibration of laboratory equipment, and stocking general purpose lab supplies. The role will interface with the Product Development, Process Development and Manufacturing teams and will report to the Manager of Process Engineering.
Role and Responsibilities
- Follow written and verbal instructions to make, inspect, and test chemical mixtures, mechanical assemblies, and packaged products
- Understand and follow process documentation, drawings and inspection requirements
- Practice safe work habits (e.g., wear appropriate PPE, follow work instructions)
- Read and interpret drawings; use measurement tools (e.g., analytical balance, pH meter, micrometer, calipers)
- Enter data into spreadsheets and databases
- Access assignments, enter infor, and perform queries in PLM (Project Lifecycle Management) system
- Manage and order laboratory supplies and materials
- Assist with performance of experimetns and investigations
- Assist with process validation activities (IQ/OQ/PQ)
- Train new technicians/employees
- Identify improvement opportunities and assist with their evaluation and implementation
- Perform other duties as assigned
- At least 5 years of industry experience with manufacturing, prototyping, or other hands-on roles related to we chemistry, medical devices, and/or pharmaceuticals
- Cleanroom manufacturing/process environment experience is preferred
- Experience with mixing/chemical processes, sterile processing, precision assembly, and operation of measurement and inspection equipment are valued
- Knowledge of and experience working in an ISO 13485/GMP environment
- Strong computer skills, plus written and verbal communication skills
- Strong work ethic, self-motivated, hands on, observant, adaptable, and independent
- Experience programming PLC’s (programmable logic controllers) is a plus
- Supervisory experience is a plus
- Must be authorized to work in U.S.
Hyalex values are focused on teamwork, communication, innovation, integrity, and accountability and all team members strive to promote an inspirational and productive workplace. Every team member’s contribution is valued as we work towards a common goal of transforming orthopaedics.
The health and safety of our team members is our primary concern, especially during the COVID-19 pandemic. Beyond compliance with all local, state and national requirements we have taken additional measures to support the safety of our on-site operations and personnel in Lexington, MA.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation and generous stock options
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefits
- Pre-tax savings plans for healthcare and childcare
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Generous paid time off (PTO)
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance and an employee assistance program
- Life Insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid parental leave
- The opportunity to work with driven and enthusiastic colleagues in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment, on problems that matter in a highly collaborative environment
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
Hyalex does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact the Hyalex human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and Hyalex. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of Hyalex. Hyalex shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Machine Shop, Technology Development, Cleanroom Operations, Manufacturing, Quality, Supply chain