Senior Project Manager
Boston Scientific's hybrid workplace includes remote and onsite roles. By applying to this position, you will have the opportunity to discuss your preferred working location with your Talent Acquisition Specialist.
Diversity - Innovation - Caring - Global Collaboration - Winning Spirit - High Performance
At Boston Scientific, we’ll give you the opportunity to harness all that’s within you by working in teams of diverse and high-performing employees, tackling some of the most important health industry challenges. With access to the latest tools, information and training, we’ll help you in advancing your skills and career. Here, you’ll be supported in progressing – whatever your ambitions.
We are looking for a talented leader to join our R&D team. We have an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager that will lead new product development activities within the Urology and Pelvic Health (UroPH) division. In this role, you will collaborate cross-functionally to lead teams and projects that are critical to business goals. We are seeking an experienced candidate who has demonstrated R&D project management experience and has a technical background. Prior experience in the medical devices industry, multidisciplinary product development and transfer to production are required.
- Lead cross-functional project teams to the successful completion of project goals. Work includes ensuring scope of work, costs, schedules, and risks are properly planned, resourced, and managed.
- Build team ownership and commitment to project and assign clear authority and accountability.
- Lead strong and agile project risk management in a dynamic and innovative R&D division.
- Support the team with all project activities, overview technical challenges, thoroughly analyze problems, identify potential solutions and their ultimate impact on the project and business.
- Lead project phases and gates (with focus on transfer to production), lead transition to BSC quality system.
- Prioritize, delegate, and manage activities among team members, as appropriate, to drive execution of project deliverables.
- Manage contracts with vendors and suppliers by assigning tasks, communicating expected deliverables and oversee project procurement management
- Monitor progress, provide project updates on a consistent basis and report out and up project progress and status.
- Drives results by acting with speed and agility. Eliminate blockers, identify project risks and areas that need improvement and act to advance them with the relevant stakeholders
- Develop content that is in compliant with EU MDR, US FDA and global regulatory requirements, and all relevant BSC QS requirements.
- BSc/MSc in Mechanical/Electrical/Software engineering or equivalent
- Over 7 years of working experience as a project/program manager
- Over 5 years of demonstrated experience in the medical device industry, multidisciplinary product development, R&D risk management, new products development including transfer to production
- Strong Strategic thinking, Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, Creative and agile mindset.
- Team player with experience working in collaborative environment and promoting a teamwork mentality in a matrix organization
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluent English
- Self-starter, Productive, highly motivated with “can do” approach
- In- depth knowledge of project management tools, methodologies and best practices
Requisition ID: 563363
As a leader in medical science for more than 40 years, we are committed to solving the challenges that matter most – united by a deep caring for human life. Our mission to advance science for life is about transforming lives through innovative medical solutions that improve patient lives, create value for our customers, and support our employees and the communities in which we operate. Now more than ever, we have a responsibility to apply those values to everything we do – as a global business and as a global corporate citizen.
So, choosing a career with Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) isn’t just business, it’s personal. And if you’re a natural problem-solver with the imagination, determination, and spirit to make a meaningful difference to people worldwide, we encourage you to apply and look forward to connecting with you!
Job Segment: Medical Device, R&D Engineer, Project Manager, R&D, Software Engineer, Healthcare, Engineering, Technology, Research