Senior Mechanical Engineer (Contract)
Senior Mechanical Engineer (Contract)at Triple Ring Technologies
Triple Ring Technologies, Inc. offers a unique environment for talented individuals. Headquartered in Newark, CA, we are an innovative research and development company that partners with clients to deliver complex technical solutions. Our highly interdisciplinary team includes senior professionals from industry, finance, and academia, with extensive experience in medical device, life science, clean tech, security, and industrial technologies. We both challenge and rely upon each other for technical excellence and for real-world engineering and commercial wisdom. Learn more about us at www.tripleringtech.com.
The Senior Mechanical Engineer will be responsible supporting clients in product development and design. This roles requires a professional who is hands on, customer service oriented, strong technical experience, and have an interest in product development in the medical device, robotics, and or material science industry. The ideal candidate must be able to work with other project team members to ensure successful outcome for Triple Ring clients.
- Working with other project team members to ensure the successful outcome for the client and Triple Ring. Day to day activities will include:
- Hands on technical and product development engineering (design, analysis and simulation, laboratory work, data analysis, etc.)
- System level thinking and cross-disciplinary interactions
Education, Experience, and Skills
- Must have a strong academic background with a record of project achievement and demonstration of leadership qualities.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, MS preferred
- 5+ years medical device or IVD experience preferred
- Strong engineering and physical science fundamentals and analytical skills
- Strong interest in product development
- Industry background and interest in several of the following areas:
- Medical Device development
- Catheter design and development
- Machine Design
- Injection molded plastics design
- Heat transfer
- Finite element analysis (solid mechanics, thermal, fluid systems)
- Control systems, motors, position feedback devices
- Material Science
- Willingness to be “hands on”
- Knowledge of common fabrication methods and processes
- Familiarity with common materials and their characteristics (metals, plastics, elastomers, etc.)
- Ability to use Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PPT, etc)
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent decision-making skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
Triple Ring Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to workforce diversity, providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, or genetic information.