Senior Mechanical Engineer
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Canon USA’s Healthcare Optics Research Lab is collaborating with world-class hospitals in the Boston area to turn cutting-edge medical research into usable, meaningful products. The Sr. Mechanical Engineer (Engineer, Sr.) will lead design and implementation of a robotic catheter system from initial concept through commercialization, in collaboration with the world-class hospitals.
- Provide mechanical specifications for the mechanical components in the robotic catheter system to reflect clinical requirements
- Directly responsible for design, analysis, drafting, fabrication, testing and documentation of key mechanical components and assemblies from prototype through commercial release
- Work with electrical and software engineers to define the specifications of the control component, and conduct system integration
- Work closely with design and usability engineers to ensure the form and function of the mechanical and control components reflect human factors requirements
- Ensure all components and assemblies meet all appropriate medical device standards
- Conduct and document feasibility studies, tolerance analysis, FEA and other appropriate tests with bench-top environment as well as pre-clinical models (ex. anatomical phantom and animal model)
- Produce production level assembly and part drawings for all components and sub-assemblies
- Contribute to risk analysis, including dFMEA and pFMEA, to assure product safety and reliability
- Lead and manage mechanical design verification activities for the system
- Create and manage the Bill of Materials (BOM) for components and sub-assemblies within the optical imaging device
- Work with operations engineers to evaluate and make recommendations for the selection of contract manufacturers for the medical robotic catheter system
- Provide documentation of inventions for patent applications
- Review alternative technology IP as it relates to the design process
- Interact effectively and appropriately with a cross-functional team in R&D, Clinical, Quality, Regulatory, Marketing, Operations and external stakeholders
- BS or higher degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
- 5 years of experience in design of products or prototypes of medical device and/or mechatronics device
- Excellent modeling and drawing skills using Solidworks, including proficiency with assemblies that contain dozens of parts
- Excellent understanding Matlab/Simulink for motion control for mechatronics device
- Deep experience with design for manufacturability
- Proficient with rapid prototyping techniques
About our Company - Canon U.S.A., Inc., is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions to the United States and to Latin America and the Caribbean markets. With approximately $36 billion in global revenue, its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), ranks third overall in U.S. patents granted in 2018† and is one of Fortune Magazine's World's Most Admired Companies in 2019. Canon U.S.A. is committed to the highest level of customer satisfaction and loyalty, providing 100 percent U.S.-based service and support for all of the products it distributes in the United States. Canon U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility. In 2014, the Canon Americas Headquarters secured LEED® Gold certification, a recognition for the design, construction, operations and maintenance of high-performance green buildings. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company's RSS news feed by visiting www.usa.canon.com/rss and follow us on Twitter @CanonUSA. For media inquiries, please contact email@example.com.
† Based on weekly patent counts issued by United States Patent and Trademark Office.
All referenced product names, and other marks, are trademarks of their respective owners.
We are an EEO/AA employer. Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers’ site https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/about/careers, we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/about/careers.
#CUSA #LI-AV1 #CBAV #DICE
Share on your newsfeed