Senior Financial Analyst
Senior Financial Analyst
Working Location: MASSACHUSETTS, WESTBOROUGH
Are you looking for a company that cares about people’s lives and health, including yours? At Olympus, we help make people’s lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling, every day.
Let’s inspire healthier lives, together.
This position serves a key role within the OSTA by providing financial support to management across the organization. This individual also plays a critical role as a project financial partner with project teams to provide both financial and business insights on projects. He/she will be required to collaborate cross functionally to produce monthly close schedules/analysis, support month end related deliverables, perform budgeting /forecasting tasks, and any Ah Hoc projects assigned.
* Work with functional areas to design and implement effective BU reporting and analysis. Conduct monthly results reviews with function heads. Capture forward looking projections.
* Provide budgeting and forecasting financial support to BU leader, offering financial guidance and analytical tools for sound decision making.
* Collaborate with managers by providing analytical tools that will allow functional areas to evaluate and choose between tactical options, define measures of success and related target metrics, and provide thorough reporting on variances to established targets.
* Be a strong business partner to project teams by providing financial expertise and business sense to assist team’s decision making. Create tools to support project teams’ analytical needs.
* Be responsible for tracking project financial progress and working closely with PM to ensure project spending within phase budget and fiscal budget/forecast and communicating material deviation to the Management on timely basis.
* Fully manage capital related tasks, which include monthly capital reporting and quarterly budget/forecast capital consolidation and reporting for his/her BU. Work closely with controllers as well as other functional leads to make sure on-track spending.
* Provide tools to capital stakeholders for easy inputs and reviews. Take full responsibility of reconciling depreciation expenses between Hyperion and master capital tracker file for their area of business.
* Support team initiatives and task cross training/knowledge exchange among team members.
* Provide ad hoc analytical support as needed.
* All other essential duties as directed.
* Bachelor's degree in Finance/Accounting.
* Minimum of 7 years progressive business planning and financial analysis experience.
* Strong oral and written communication skills required.
* Prior experience financial information to Senior executives.
* Individual must have a high level of motivation, commitment and dedication combined with a proactive mind set
* Individual must be a team player
* Must be able to multitask.
* Must produce highly accurate work and is detail oriented
* Individual must have robust Excel and ERP software skills
* Having past experience working with Power BI is highly preferable.
We realize work isn’t just a job to you.
It’s a big part of your life, but not the only part. That’s why we offer competitive salaries, a robust 401(k) program, annual bonus program and comprehensive medical benefits, as well as tuition reimbursement, flexible schedules, parental and adoption leave, on-site services and Colleague Affinity Networks — so you can be ready for where life can take you.
Olympus requires all new hires to be “fully vaccinated” against COVID-19, as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), on or before their first day of work. Individuals who have been offered employment who have a disability, medical condition, or sincerely-held religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated against COVID-19 are required to request and be granted a reasonable accommodation prior to their first day of work.
Olympus is passionate about the solutions it creates for the medical, life sciences, and industrial equipment industries, as well as cameras and audio products. For more than 100 years, Olympus has focused on making people’s lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling by helping detect, prevent, and treat disease, furthering scientific research, ensuring public safety, and capturing images of the world.
Olympus’ Medical business uses innovative capabilities in medical technology, therapeutic intervention, and precision manufacturing to help healthcare professionals deliver diagnostic, therapeutic, and minimally invasive procedures to improve clinical outcomes, reduce overall costs, and enhance the quality of life for patients. Olympus’ Medical portfolio includes endoscopes, laparoscopes, and video imaging systems, as well as surgical energy devices, system integration solutions, medical services, and a wide range of endotherapy instruments for endoscopic and therapeutic applications. For more information, visit www.olympus-global.com.
Olympus…True To You. True To Society. True To LIFE.
It is the policy of Olympus to extend equal employment and advancement opportunity to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship status, religious creed (including dress and grooming practices), age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth and/or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability (physical or mental) and/or a medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, veteran status or service in the uniformed services, and any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Posting Notes: || United States (US) || Massachusetts (US-MA) || Westborough ||