Senior Electromechanical Engineer - Avava
Senior Electromechanical Engineer - Avava
The requirements listed below are representative of the essential duties required of the Senior Electromechanical Engineer.
• Work with the engineering team in all aspects of device development including research, development,
design, assembly, test, and debugging of integrated mechanical, electronic, and optical subassemblies
• Identify and solve difficult mechanical challenges related to corporate goals
• Lead and participate in design reviews
• Interface with vendors to define and procure parts suitable for prototype assembly
• Build and test prototype devices for evaluation on the bench and animal or clinical prototypes.
• Provide guidance and leadership on the design and fabrication of medical device systems
• Use FEA simulation tools to model mechanical assemblies and guide design development.
• Analyze design performance through 3D CAD using Solidworks.
• Work effectively with cross-functional development teams and functions.
• Maintain proper documentation of design and testing.
• Write reports summarizing observations and present the results
LEVEL OF RESPONSIBILITY
• Lead the mechanical design process, including generating requirements, specification, conducting
design reviews, feasibility studies, risk mitigation activities, and managing cost and scheduling.
This position does not supervise employees
(Senior Electromechanical Engineer, V.1., 20210209) Page 2
Education and/or Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering discipline or a related field of study
• 5+ years of engineering experience
• Experience designing medical device systems from the ground up
• Design solutions with a practical plan for their manufacture and assembly
• Experience working with optical and laser systems
• Advanced proficiency in 3D CAD software (e.g., Solidworks)
• Capable of broad systems-level thinking across all core engineering disciplines
• Knowledge of optical design is highly desired
• Understanding of material selection for medical devices including biocompatibility and sterilization
• Familiar with plastics and injection molding for device housings
• Familiar with design for manufacturing, serviceability, and reliability
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a Senior Electromechanical
Engineer while performing the essential functions of this job.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Tasks involve the ability to exert light physical effort in sedentary to light work, but which may
involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of light weight (5-10
pounds). Tasks may involve extended periods of time at a keyboard or work station.
Mental & Visual Demands
• This position requires attention to detail and managing multiple tasks.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to
interpret an extensive variety of instructions or diagrams and deal with several abstract and concrete
• Visual demands are those of a typical office and R&D environment and extensive computer usage.
Work Environment and Hazards
• Absence of adverse conditions found in a typical R&D and office environment. May frequently be
exposed to research and development labs.
• Familiar with Biosafety and Laser safety. Follow BSL-1 & 2 protocols for experiments involving agents
of moderate potential hazard to personnel and the environment.
• Traveling by car, train and/or plane may be required.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict
the tasks that may be assigned. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of
work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive
list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required
to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
(Senior Electromechanical Engineer, V.1., 20210209) Page 3
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT
AVAVA, Inc. and Blossom Innovations, LLC comply with all aspects of the Americans with Disabilities Act
(ADA) and state disability laws. This means that we will not discriminate against qualified individuals with a
disability in any phase of the employment relationship including application for employment, hiring,
promotions and/or advancement opportunities, termination, compensation, training and any other conditions or
privileges of employment.
Job Type : ""
Education Level : ""
Experience Level : ""
Job Function : ""