Senior Electrical Engineer
Senior Electrical Engineer
Canon USA’s Healthcare Optics Research Lab is a young organization that is gaining momentum. We are partnering with world class hospitals in the Boston area to turn cutting-edge medical research into usable, meaningful products. This Senior Electrical Engineer (Engineer, Sr.) position is part of a medical device development team responsible for the design, implementation and verification of an innovative medical imaging device. It is a hands-on role inventing practical solutions to develop imaging hardware while meeting various functional and non-functional requirements of novel medical devices.
- Directly responsible for electrical analysis, design, implementation, and verification of novel medical imaging devices that consists of electrical hardware design and data acquisition
- Ensure electrical design and documentation complies with medical safety and EMC/EMI standards
- Create documentation adhering to quality procedures, regulations, standards and industry best practices under Design Control
- Execute unit and integration test plans
- Lead board bring-up activities and work with other engineers to insure product functionality
- Identify and retire technical risk
- Work effectively in cross-functional teams consisting of Research, Engineering, QA/RA, and Marketing
- Contribute to patent analysis and invention creations
- Results Expected:
- Define and author board level specifications
- Generate circuit models and simulations
- Generate electrical system power analyses
- Complete component de-rating analyses
- Create electrical schematics and bill of materials
- Implement initial board layout designs
- Develop board level tests and test procedures to ensure that the product meets electrical and engineering specifications
- Degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE)
- 5+ years of hands-on design experience in analog and/or digital design with excellent knowledge of low-noise techniques for circuit design and board layout
- Strong understanding of IEC 60601-1, 3.1 edition Safety and Essential performance and IEC60601-1-2 4th edition Electromagnetic disturbances
- Must have experience integrating, testing, and verifying complex electrical systems
- Must have working experience with various tools including analog simulation, schematic capture, and PCB layout
About our Company - Canon U.S.A., Inc., is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions to the United States and to Latin America and the Caribbean markets. With approximately $36 billion in global revenue, its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), ranks third overall in U.S. patents granted in 2018† and is one of Fortune Magazine's World's Most Admired Companies in 2019. Canon U.S.A. is committed to the highest level of customer satisfaction and loyalty, providing 100 percent U.S.-based service and support for all of the products it distributes in the United States. Canon U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility. In 2014, the Canon Americas Headquarters secured LEED® Gold certification, a recognition for the design, construction, operations and maintenance of high-performance green buildings. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company's RSS news feed by visiting www.usa.canon.com/rss and follow us on Twitter @CanonUSA. For media inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
† Based on weekly patent counts issued by United States Patent and Trademark Office.
All referenced product names, and other marks, are trademarks of their respective owners.
We are an EEO/AA employer. Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers’ site https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/about/careers, we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/about/careers.
#CUSA #LI-AV1 #CBAV #DICE
Share on your newsfeed
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Click here to get started.
Job Type : ""
Education Level : ""
Experience Level : ""
Job Function : ""