Senior Development Engineer
Senior Development Engineer
Reporting to the VP, R&D, the Development Engineer will work with the Project Team to assist in the development and commercialization activities of innovative and new synthetic cartilage products. Activities include development and testing of prototypes as well as design and development of test fixtures and test methods. Additionally, he or she will engage with external vendors and suppliers in conjunction with the team to ensure successful coordination of activities.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Translate user needs into product specifications for the design and development of devices.
- Develop and characterize prototypes through bench testing and pre-clinical trials.
- Develop test methods and perform test method validations.
- Assist in supplier testing and qualification.
- Provide inputs to FMEAs, risk analysis, design verification and validation, design transfer, and manufacturing qualification.
- Work with manufacturing to ensure the availability of prototypes for pre-clinical, clinical, and customer preference testing.
- Participate in weekly team meetings as well as Technical Reviews, Design Reviews, and other meeting updates.
Qualification / Work Experience
- 5-10 years of experience developing medical devices.
- BS degree in Engineering or equivalent.
- Experience in orthopaedics preferred but not required.
- Thorough understanding of Design Control process.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Attention to detail with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with project management tools preferred but not required.
- Ability to work cross functionally to achieve project goals.
Health Insurance Short / Long Term Disability
Dental Insurance Paid Time off
Health Savings Account (HSA) Paid Holidays
Retirement Plan Paid Parental Leave
Hyalex Orthopaedics is an early stage, venture funded medical device company focused on developing and commercializing new products that feature HYALEX™ materials technology. The HYALEX technology is poised to change the orthopaedics industry through materials innovation and improved patient quality of life. The Hyalex team is comprised of industry leaders, R&D innovators, and experts who have launched multiple successful commercial products as well as a team of brilliant engineers and scientists who aren’t afraid to ask questions, think outside the box and challenge the existing status quo in pursuit of excellence and breakthrough discoveries.
Hyalex values are focused on teamwork, communication, innovation, integrity, and accountability and all team members strive to promote an inspirational and productive workplace. Every team member’s contribution is valued as we work towards a common goal of transforming the orthopaedic space.
Apply with your Resume: Apply here
Job Type : ""
Education Level : ""
Experience Level : ""
Job Function : ""