Advancing Healthcare Together
POSITION TITLE: Sales Manager
REPORTS TO: V.P. of Sales FLSA STATUS: Exempt
SUMMARY: The Sales Manager is responsible for all sales activities and will effectively develop, implement, and lead the sales process to achieve management’s objectives related to revenue, market share, and profitability. Manager level position, however no direct reports.
Organizes and delivers information appropriately; actively listens; expresses ideas effectively; displays cross cultural sensitivity.
Goal oriented and dedicated; displays energy and enthusiasm in approaching the job; maintains a high level of productivity and self-direction.
Selling skills; detailed knowledge of capabilities, materials and techniques; explores options when unable to deliver a requested product or service, and pursues creative solutions with internal stakeholders until the customer is satisfied. Stays current with the industry and is active on LinkedIn.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Percentage of time
spent on each task
Work with new and existing customers throughout the sales cycle.
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
- Create and maintain a collaborative environment that emphasizes teamwork across departmental lines to meet customer expectations.
- Follow all related ISO processes and work instructions.
- Positively represent organizational culture, values, and reputation at all times in person and online with staff, customers, suppliers, partners and regulatory/official bodies.
- Other related duties as directed by management.
DEGREE OF SUPERVISION RECEIVED:
Indicate the type of supervision the incumbent will receive:
Close supervision: The incumbent is assigned duties according to specified procedures and receives detailed instructions. Work is checked frequently.
Supervision: The incumbent performs a variety of routine work within established policies and procedures, and receives detailed instructions on new projects and assignments.
General Supervision: The incumbent normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work and receives general instructions on new assignments. (Generally Management Level)
Direction: The incumbent establishes methods and procedures for attaining specific goals and objectives, and receives guidance in terms of broad goals. Only the final results of work are typically reviewed. (Generally Department Head Level)
General Direction: The incumbent exercises wide latitude in determining objectives and approaches to critical assignments. (Generally Area/Corporate Director, Executive Level)
DEGREE OF Supervision Given: n/a
EXPERIENCE/EDUCATION MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
- A minimum of 5 years of outside sales experience with proven results.
- Experience within Medical Device or Life Science or Converting Markets and related manufacturing process and supply chain business environment preferred.
- Experience with sales plans, account plans, territory plans, forecasting (30-60-90) and applying and achieving sales metrics.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Able to develop an in-depth understanding of the Company’s value proposition, target markets and associated products and technologies.
- Able to create customer value.
- Demonstrated understanding of business-to-business consultative sales process.
- Ability to prioritize and execute duties following the formal sales process.
- Able to become proficient in company software and technology solutions, including The Company’s customer relationship management (CRM) system and the Sourcebook™ material sourcing platform.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook applications.
- Possession of superior leadership skills, professionalism, diplomacy and tact, honesty, integrity, and self-motivated with a desire to succeed by setting others up for success.
- Exceptional communication and highly developed interpersonal skills with internal personnel, vendors, prospects and customers.
- Experience in planning, organizing, leading and managing complex, cross-functional projects with competing priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to handle demanding schedule and travel (up to 50%), often with minimal notice.
- Located in Greater Boston area, with the ability to travel both domestically and internationally by passenger vehicle or air.
- Must be able to complete a post-offer, pre-employment criminal background check, driver’s history check and drug screen.
- Must have access to reliable transportation.
Certifications/License: Valid Driver’s License with a clean record.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in business, engineering or a related field.
-OR- Any combination of academic education, professional training or work experience, which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Please place an “x” next to those that apply.
Sustained Mental Application
Sustained Visual Application
Using a Keyboard
Operating General Office Equipment (copier, printer, computer, telephone, etc.)
Vehicle Operation - Car/Truck
Vehicle Operation – Forklift
Environment applicable for the job: (place an “x” next to those that apply)
Heat Cold Noisy Odors
Outdoors Dust/Fumes Chemicals Humidity
List any substances with which an employee may have contact that could cause an allergic reaction:
List any protective equipment or clothing used for the job:
I acknowledge that I have read and understand this job description. I understand that it is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job and it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. I understand that management reserves the right to modify my duties at any time with or without notice. By signing below I attest that I am capable of performing the essential functions of this job.
Job Type : ""
Education Level : ""
Experience Level : ""
Job Function : ""