Research Associate, GC/MS
Toxikon Corporation, originally founded in 1977, is a Contract Research and testing company with laboratories in Bedford. Our mission continues to focus on providing quality services, competitively priced, with on-time delivery for the Pharmaceutical, Medical Device and Biotech industries.
As a Research Associate for our Analytical Dept., candidates will be responsible for providing technical expertise in supporting preclinical studies conducted under GLP, ISO 17025, and various other regulatory agencies. Research Associates must work closely with study directors, analytical services staff, and quality assurance to ensure all study aspects are conducted in per scientific and regulatory requirements. Excellent communication skills needed as this position works closely with other research associates and scientists. Individual must be highly organized to handle multiple projects on an ongoing basis. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performing analysis and troubleshooting utilizing various analytical instruments, specifically GC/MS, GC/MS-TOF, and GC/FID, etc.
- Experience with methods of sample preparation of solid and liquid samples in a variety of matrix types for GC/MS and LC/MS analysis
- Experience in interpretation of MS data and compound identification
- Review data and prepare results for reporting
- Assist in managing inventory for all laboratory supplies
- Review and assist Study Director and Quality Assurance in closing out any protocol amendments, or deviations and work to ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory guidelines
- Meet project deadlines including the completion of technical work to standards
- Experience with other analytical instrumentation including, HPLC, LC/MS, and TOC preferred
- Knowledge of GMP/GLP regulations in an analytical laboratory setting
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a high volume, fast paced environment.
Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, with preferably 3-5 years of equivalent laboratory experience. However, we are willing to train the right candidate.
Toxikon offers a comprehensive benefits program including: paid vacation, sick and personal time, 401(k) plan with company match, medical, dental, vision care, life insurance, short and long-term disability insurances, flexible spending accounts, employee assistance program, employee referral bonus, discount programs and more.
Toxikon is an equal opportunity employer. As an equal opportunity employer we do not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant because of race, sex, gender, ethnicity, religion, creed, age, color, military/veteran status, genetic condition or information, Family and Medical Leave entitlement, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, qualified physical or mental disability, transgender status, or any other legally protected class in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
Click here to apply for this job