Fairhaven, MA | Next Possible Start Date
Fuchs Lubricants Co. is the United States operating unit of Fuchs Petrolub S.E., the world's largest independent manufacturer of specialty lubricants with global sales of over $2.8 Billion. We provide high quality lubricants and services to a wide range of industries such as automotive, appliance, and aerospace; pharmaceuticals & medical devices, transportation, mining, and energy. The organization is constantly developing new technology to meet the ever-changing demands of modern industry and we are recognized for providing world-class technical support to our diverse customer base.
Nye Lubricants Inc., a member of the Fuchs Group located in Fairhaven, MA, is a leader in the design, formulation and manufacturing of synthetic lubricants. Nye’s lubricants add value to products in a wide range of industries and applications.
Have training and experience in chemistry and polymer or materials science, preferably in at least one formulation-based industry. You are detail-oriented and a careful communicator.
Are excited by the chance to build our Medical/Healthcare business through innovative technology, product, process, and market development.
Are ready to embrace a diverse role in a global business involving the development of experimental strategy, laboratory instrumental test methods, products, and processes.
MOVING YOUR WORLD by focusing on your success
FUCHS offers a challenging and rewarding working environment where employees are encouraged to develop and grow. We stand behind our core values: trust, creating value, respect, reliability, and integrity. Ours is a culture that fosters creativity and empowerment, values work/life balance, and gives you the freedom to excel. At FUCHS we aim to nurture your capabilities, ideas and career.
• Support R&D projects by being a member of grease R&D technical network for the region
• Collaborate with international colleagues on formulation development, process optimizations and technology transfer projects.
• Provide technical inputs for incident investigation, root cause analysis and corrective action.
• Support regional innovation direction through effective connection of key learnings/findings and collaboration with regional Research, Development & Innovation (RD&I) department and other groups.
• Collaborate (regionally & globally) in a high performance, results-driven work environment while promoting a culture of discovery, curiosity, and continuous learning.
• Collaborate cross functionally to support the company’s profitability though its sales, manufacturing, marketing, product development, and general management functions.
• Keep abreast of industry trends and customer needs to align R&D priorities with business goals. Interact with customers to demonstrate the company’s commitment to technical excellence and customer intimacy.
Qualifications we seek:
• Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering required, Master or higher preferred.
• Knowledge of chemical formulation and process development, preferably in lubricants is highly desired.
• Experience in physical and chemical testing and characterizations, preferably in lubricants
• Ability to work as both a team player and individual contributor.
• Ability to demonstrate collaborative development across cross-functional teams.
• Strong communication, presentation, and data analysis skills with an ability to effectively connect with team members across different groups with different disciplines and skillsets.
These are your benefits:
Fuchs offers a challenging and rewarding working environment where employees are encouraged to develop and grow as professionals. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work on projects that will expand your experience and challenge your abilities in the global marketplace. The position also offers an excellent compensation package and a comprehensive suite of benefits.
Fuchs Lubricants Co. is an equal employment opportunity (EEO)/AA employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace (m/f/d/v).