Working Location: MASSACHUSETTS, WALTHAM
Are you looking for a company that cares about people’s lives and health, including yours? At Olympus, we help make people’s lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling, every day. Let’s inspire healthier lives, together.
The Quality Engineer is responsible for the overall quality as it relates to products, manufacturing and production processes assigned. The incumbent is expected to ensure all company processes and procedures comply with the ISO 9000 / ISO 14001 /18001 Standards, and to make certain that the products and process, along with related documents, are modified as required, and reviewed for adequacy by authorized personnel prior to issue. We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our Quality team.
- Designs, implements and maintains quality assurance protocols and methods for processing materials into partially finished or finished products.
- Performs analysis of reports and production data to identify trends and recommend updates or changes to quality standards and procedures when necessary.
- Will support the NPI process and Production of Instruments, working closely with the Production Engineering and Product Management to monitor performance of Instrument manufacturing.
- Contributes the site’s compliance to its IMS certification.
- Active and enthusiastic contribution to Lean & Continuous Improvement Initiatives.
- Participate in the development of Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA).
- Maintain Control Plans and FMEA's throughout the life of the part.
- Facilitate and promote use of appropriate problem solving techniques for effective root cause analysis and successful corrective action.
- Bachelor's degree required, in Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience.
- Green/Black Belt Six Sigma preferred.
- Strong hands-on orientation.
- Read and understand schematics and data sheets. Understands the operation and use of electronic test equipment.
- Experience of working with Suppliers.
- Experience of solving manufacturing issues.
- Familiarity with SPC (Statistical Process Control).
- Strong MS Office skills, particularly in Excel.
- Good verbal and written communication skills / detail oriented.
- Strong work ethic and team player attributes.
- Familiar with printed circuit boards.
- Basic understanding of manufacturing mechanical and electrical systems.
- Knowledge of the principles of electronics.
We realize work isn’t just a job to you. It’s a big part of your life, but not the only part. That’s why we offer competitive salaries, annual bonus program and comprehensive medical benefits, as well as tuition reimbursement, flexible schedules, parental and adoption leave, on-site services and Colleague Affinity Networks — so you can be ready for where life can take you.
Olympus is a global technology leader, crafting innovative optical and digital solutions in medical technologies; life sciences; industrial solutions; and cameras and audio products. Throughout our 100-year history, Olympus has focused on being true to society and making people’s lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling.
Olympus Canada Inc. (OCI)—a subsidiary of Olympus Corporation of the Americas—manages the Company’s operations and workforce throughout Canada in roles such as sales, marketing, service, and support functions. Based in Richmond Hill, ON, OCI is committed to developing our employees and supporting our local communities. For more information, visit olympuscanada.com and truetolife.com.
Olympus…True To You. True To Society. True To LIFE.
Olympus embraces diversity and inclusion. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policies as well as our values prohibit unlawful discrimination based on an employee's or applicant's race, color, sex, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, genetic information, ancestry, military or veteran status, or any other federal, state or local protected classification. EOE Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled