SMC IS HIRING!!
Help in the manufacturing of products that save lives while growing your career!
SMC Ltd. is a contract manufacturer of medical devices, drug delivery systems and diagnostic kits, including those used to fight against COVID-19. In these unprecedented times, SMC is considered an essential manufacturer and will remain open and operational!
We are looking for people wanting to make a difference and willing to learn. We provide a clean work environment, on-the-job training, and growth opportunities. Wages are based on experience. Local candidates only.
POSITION SCOPE AND PURPOSE: Responsible for all areas of Quality Engineering and working directly with the engineering, tooling and manufacturing functions making sure adequate systems and inspection methods and tools are used throughout the plants for molding or assembling products. Understanding customer requirements and implementing action plans, purchasing equipment or tools necessary to perform tasks. Ensure proper controls, operator instructions and quality tools used to verify customer’s products at all phases within our process.
• Review daily rejects or complaints and implement or discuss action plans
• Disposition In-Process rejected product from previous day (MRB), if required
• Make appropriate changes in documentation to prevent recurrence
• Make appropriate changes to fixtures or inspection methods and tools
• Regular attendance and professionalism.
OTHER POSITION DUTIES:
• Create/Modify and Maintain History Cards/ Control Plans
• Make decisions regarding quality related questions as appropriate
• Contact customers via verbal/written communication as appropriate
• Create/Maintain FMEA’s, Control Plans, Validation Plans, IQ/OQ/PQ protocol’s, PPAP’s as appropriate
• Participate in design reviews as required
• Visit customers with regards to customer complaint resolutions
• Participate in plant/department meetings and tours as required • Review PPAP, FAIR’s, Validation Data, and M&P studies before sending to customer
• Work with Engineering, MFG and Tooling to develop corrective actions and continuous improvement activities.
• Report any unsafe conditions to Manager or Safety committee member
• Maintain cleanliness of work areas and quality measuring equipment
• Observe all health and safety requirements
• Other duties as assigned.
• 2-4 year college degree or Quality related experience.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Quality Engineering
• Must be able to read and understand 2D detailed part/article drawings
• Must understand the use all Quality related inspection equipment
• Must have excellent problem solving and mistake proofing skills
• Must have computer skills and familiarity with Word and Excel programs
• Must have knowledge of SPC and ISO 9001 & 13485 system requirements
• Ability to work well with others and independently
• Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
• Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
• Ability to work for extended periods sitting and looking at computer while completing repetitive motions to include substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
• Close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing and analyzing data and figures; reviewing detailed information; viewing a computer terminal; and expansive reading.
• The ability to manage a number of projects at one time with frequent interruptions and tight deadlines.
• Stooping, Kneeling, Crouching, Crawling, Reaching, Standing, Walking, Lifting, Grasping, Feeling, Talking, and Hearing.
EQUIPMENT USED: Computer, printer, telephone/cell phone, calculator, purchasing equipment and tools, and fax machine.
CONTACTS: Customers, all SMC employees, Vendor Sales Representatives.
SUPERVISION OF PEOPLE: This position does not supervise employees.
ACCESS TO CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION: An executed non-disclosure agreement is required prior to start date. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent(s) of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position. SMC Ltd. will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the ADAAA. This job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and other job functions are subject to modification.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : ""
Experience Level : ""
Job Function : ""