The Program Manager II will focus specifically on the build to print and sustaining activities within operations. This Program Manager will manage transitional efforts for new product introduction, and the planning and execution of existing sustaining engineering projects, focused on maintaining continuity of supply and cost reduction initiatives. This encompasses direction of a disciplined engineering team, monitoring all aspects of program performance and authority to make decisions to assure the success of the project from inception to completion. This position involves the application of complex electronics, optics, mechanisms and software to advanced medical instruments. Oversees a team and interacts with quality, manufacturing, materials, marketing, and finance departments. Acts as a point contact with the customer. Assures customer satisfaction on project schedules, instrument technical performance and program cost.
- Manage the planning and execution of sustaining engineering projects, focused on maintaining continuity of supply and cost reduction initiatives.
- Interface regularly with Product Marketing, R&D Continuation Engineering, Supply Chain, and Procurement Engineering functional areas
- Create and maintain product portfolio roadmap detailing the sustaining efforts required over the lifecycle of each product.
- Provide leadership to engineering staff regarding project prioritization and execution.
- Provide project management for sustaining projects.
- Implement and manage resource planning and project management tools.
- Coordinate, select and schedule project engineers for Operations projects.
- Support continuing production, process development and new product introductions.
- Participate in cross-functional teams.
- Prepare technical reports, analysis, recommendations and presentations reflecting the status and results of projects in progress on a regular basis.
- Drive continuous improvement of engineering technical capabilities.
- Monitor and evaluate project and department progress and results.
- Ensure a safe work environment consistent with OSHA requirements and Abbott policies.
- Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments.
- Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.