Program Manager - Engineering
Program Manager - Engineering
POSITION SCOPE AND PURPOSE: Manage the development of new projects from quotation support, through development and validation of molds, equipment, and manufacturing processes, and successful transfer to Manufacturing.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Lead project and SMC project team that supports the development efforts of a new project. Work with internal and external resources to research, design, and develop the all of the necessary elements of the project – molds, tooling, processes, automation, fixtures, EOAT, secondary equipment, etc. Effective use of personal and team, and organizational communication.
- Develop project timelines that support our quoted lead-times, and incorporate the customer requirements for validation, pilot builds, and approval. Manage project to ensure that we meet the customer deliverables and complete a successful development so that we meet the quality and financial requirements of the project. Deploy good project management techniques with internal and external teams – Action item lists, meeting minutes, strong communication skills, setting priorities, seeking other assistance as required.
- Be the primary technical interface with customer. Gather product requirements from the customer. Review product design for compliance with engineering principles, engineering standards and customer requirements and specifications. Provide technical support and input in the areas of product design, material selection, mold design, manufacturing, secondary operations, validations and other areas related to our industry. As the primary interface good communication skills and responsiveness are required.
- Ensure that mold, process, or assembly testing is performed in a manner that will give us a thorough development, and a robust manufacturing process. Determine test and DOE objectives. Resolve issues that are found during testing. Write and review reports as related to the project including validation reports and summaries.
- Develop and gather all the necessary documentation during the project set-up and development phases. Develop the Device Master Record (DMR), and ensure that internal documentation and systems are up to date at the time of the Release to Manufacturing (RTM).
- Regular Attendance and professionalism are required.
OTHER POSITION DUTIES:
- Provide internal support for the project after RTM, and resolve any new issues that develop.
- Support the sales effort by providing technical expertise and identifying potential new opportunities with existing customers. Support the quoting phase of the project as requested.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe work environment by following all company safety policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering preferably Plastics.
- A minimum of five years experience, preferred, in the Plastics Industry, preferably Injection Molding.
- Capable of Multi-tasking, organized, excellent time management skills.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
- Strong technical and proposal writing skills. Must have strong presentation skills.
- Ability to exercise strong judgment in analyzing, evaluating and solving problems.
- Working knowledge of 3D CAD software. Solidworks is preferred.
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
- Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- Ability to work for extended periods sitting and looking at computer while completing repetitive motions to include substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing and analyzing data and figures; reviewing detailed information; viewing a computer terminal; and expansive reading.
- The ability to manage a number of projects at one time with frequent interruptions and tight deadlines.
- Stooping, Kneeling, Crouching, Crawling, Reaching, Standing, Walking, Pushing, Pulling, Lifting, Fingering, Grasping, Feeling, Talking, and Hearing.
EQUIPMENT USED: Computer, printer, telephone/cell phone, calculator, engineering equipment and software, and fax machine.
CONTACTS: Customers, all SMC employees, Vendor Sales Representatives.
SUPERVISION OF PEOPLE: This position may supervise employees.
ACCESS TO CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION: An executed non-disclosure agreement is required prior to start date. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent(s) of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position. SMC Ltd. will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the ADAAA. This job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and other job functions are subject to modification.
Job Type : Full-Time