Sirtex Medical is a global healthcare business with offices in the U.S., Australia, Germany and Singapore, working to improve outcomes in people with cancer. Our current lead product is a targeted radiation therapy for liver cancer called SIR-Spheres® Y-90 resin microspheres. More than 100,000 doses have been supplied to treat patients with liver cancer at more than 1,300 medical centers in over 50 countries.
The Production Engineer – Wilmington supports all aspects of the manufacturing of radioactive medical devices at Sirtex Wilmington LLC.
- Performing creation, dispensing, sterilization, packaging and shipping tasks for the company’s products
- Selecting, creating and issuing proper production documentation including batch records, product labels and work orders
- Safely handling radioactive materials, waste and product per company training procedures and policy
- Conducting audits of material, process and personnel for adherence to company requirements and standards
- Specify, identify and qualify new equipment or processes within the manufacturing system
- Suggest and execute changes to the manufacturing operations system in order to continuously improve the system and its ability to meet customer requirements
- Support the Plant Manager in all aspects of the manufacturing and operations program at Sirtex Wilmington LLC
Education and Skill Requirements
- The minimum educational requirement is a College Degree in an Engineering or Science field
- Minimum requirement of 3 years working with radioactive material and radiation
- Minimum 1 year experience working at a medical device or drug manufacturing company
- Familiarity with the use of Ion chambers, survey meters and scintillators
- Familiarity with the use of automated equipment, controllers and networks a plus
- Experience working with Yttrium-90 a plus
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM SIRTEX:
If you have the right skills and experience and want to work for a company making a real difference to the quality of people’s lives, Sirtex will offer the right candidate:
- Diverse and flexible employment and working arrangements to achieve the optimum balance between work and personal responsibilities and objectives
- A working culture of respect, diversity and performance to help facilitate an inclusive culture
- Attractive compensation and benefit packages which are practical, robust, fair and equitable
- A place to grow through career development and training opportunities
- Challenging work to continue to develop new and better ways to improve clinical outcomes for oncology treatment around the world
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please click the apply button or email your cover letter and resume to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sirtex is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Disabled/Vets
Job Type : ""
Education Level : ""
Experience Level : ""
Job Function : ""