SUMMARY: The procurement manager is responsible for procuring and monitoring the usage of all commodities, materials, and factory supplies. The individual must effectively communicate with suppliers to ensure accurate and on-time deliveries, manage date pull-ins and push-outs on an ongoing basis, and provide regular feedback that facilitates a mutually beneficial relationship. This role also requires strong cross-functional skills to ensure that raw material and factory supply needs are met for production, while maintaining lean inventory levels for just in time manufacturing.
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving
- Planning and organizing
- Decision making and judgement
- Accountability and responsibility
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Procurement Management
- Collaborate with engineering and quality to establish new supplier relationships.
- Submit Requests for Quotes, and Purchase Orders
- Negotiate price reductions, and supply and quality agreements.
- Collaborate with Quality to establish material specifications with supplier.
- Provide material forecasts to suppliers
- Drive on-time delivery, and lead-time reduction.
- Resolve conflicts with suppliers related to inventory, quality, delivery and invoicing.
- Customer focus; dedicated to meeting the expectations of the customer.
- Drive optimization in the procurement process.
- Ensures optimization of all materials management activities including purchasing, inventory control, materials movement from production planning to material procurement and warehousing through product shipment.
- Monitor interaction between inventory levels and actual material usage to better forecast, interpret variances, and correct problems necessary to meet customer delivery dates.
- Responsible for the implementation, support and compliance of the Purchasing and Supplier Management Procedure to facilitate the fulfillment process, supplier performance measurement, and indirect materials management.
- Drive improved supplier relationships with a focus on top material suppliers.
- Manage suppliers, materials and inventory in a manner consistent with the requirements of a Lean, ISO 9001/13485 certified, and when applicable FDA regulated manufacturing environment.
- Develop and drive countermeasures for underperforming key processes and/or material suppliers.
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
Provide required support to Quality team as needed during supplier selection and ongoing management process.
Participate in problem solving with the customer service and quality department as needed.
Actively participate in Operations Committee.
Follow all related ISO processes and work instructions.
Positively represent organizational culture, values and reputation at all times in person and online with staff, customers, suppliers, partners and regulatory/official bodies.
Other related duties as directed by management.
Minimum of 5 years’ materials management/supply chain management experience in a manufacturing environment.
Experience in operations, inventory management, MRP and lean manufacturing processes.
A minimum of 3 years’ managerial experience focusing on standardizing planning and execution, reducing sourcing complexity, and talent development.
ERP experience preferred.
Experience with MTS and MTO manufacturing environments.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $70,000.00 per year