Remote (within the U.S.)
About The Role:
VentureWell has an exciting opportunity to hire a new Procurement Administrators to join our growing team.
The ideal candidates for this role bring a solid background in procurement with a focus in U.S. federal compliance. They are organized with an affinity for itemized tracking and timely follow up to ensure completion of tasks and projects. They are an advocate for VentureWell’s processes and policies who create clear communication and guidance to the organization through internal publication, written communication, and open discussion. They are a great communicator and will act as a liaison between the VentureWell staff and potential contractors.
- Provide procurement guidance and support a wide variety of standard and specialized procurement activities through application of innovative and creative techniques.
- Assist the Vendor Manager in the preparation of RFP/RFQ documentation, as needed.
- Accurately maintain all supporting files and documentation for each assigned solicitation.
- Facilitate the resolution of procurement related issues.
- Coordinate with stakeholders to assist with scheduling and correspondence.
- Facilitate and record evaluation/review calls, as needed.
- Maintain an outreach database of current and former vendors and other interested parties.
- Perform targeted outreach for active solicitations.
- Act as liaison between the vendors and procurement team throughout the procurement process.
- Liaise with internal customers to provide status updates on the active solicitations.
- Ensure that the Finance Department’s Procurement methodology is followed while ensuring that transparency and communication with key stakeholders is maintained
- Assist with internal and external procurement training and webinars and workshops.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Vendor Manager
What You Bring:
- Bachelor's degree preferred; industry experience will be accepted in lieu of degree.
- 3+ years procurement experience
- Proven knowledge of award-based procurement administration and its implications on
- Some Federal Contracting and Compliance knowledge (preferred); Uniform Guidance and FAR
- Exceptional knowledge of Procurement policy, process and best practices
- Working knowledge of navigating ERP and CRM systems
- Working knowledge of online bidding system, Bonfire (preferred)
- Ability to understand and adapt to new technologies and tools, as needed
- Able to create system improvements while systems are “in motion”
- Ability to act as a liaison between multiple VentureWell departments
- Demonstrated excellence in all forms of internal communication
- Ability to influence others to achieve outcomes
- Exceptional attention to detail, and thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Flexibility to travel (20-30%)
Across the Board, VentureWell Staff:
- Are able to succeed and thrive in an environment with competing and changing priorities and tight deadlines
- Have track records of and ability to build solid collaborative working relationships, and are proven team players who enjoy a “customer service” orientation to collaboration
- Are committed to embedding equity in our internal practices and culture and in our programs in order to live and achieve our mission
- Bring openness and engagement to personal, professional, and organization-wide learning on race, class, gender, justice, and equity
- Are curious and committed to issues of environmental sustainability
- Are self-starters with excellent attention to detail and a commitment to delivering high-quality work
- Are active learners who independently learn new tools and work processes quickly
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills
- An attractive and equitable compensation package, including:
- an hourly rate that annualizes at $50k-$57k commensurate with experience and internal equity
- 403 (b) with 200% match up to a maximum contribution from VentureWell of 10% when the employee puts it 5% (eligible after one year of service for the match)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- $1,000 home office stipend upon hire
- A true focus on work-life balance with work weeks that reflect that
- It’s our aim for our employees in this position to not work more than a 40-hour workweek
- 20 paid vacation days PLUS the week off between Christmas and New Years
- 12 paid wellness days
What We Offer:
- A culture where people work intentionally and collaboratively in pursuit of our mission
- Values we believe in
- A commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion