Principal Mechanical Engineer (Level IV)
Principal Mechanical Engineer (Level IV)
- 300 Bear Hill Rd, Waltham, MA 02451, USA
Boston Engineering improves the way people work and live through innovative product design and novel engineering. We are product designers and engineers for the Medical, Commercial, and Defense sectors. Experts in robotics, motion control and embedded systems, DFX, and digital transformation, we are ISO 9001 and ISO 13485 certified. In addition, Boston Engineering is an Ansys Certified Channel Partner and PTC Platinum Partner. We seek innovative, passionate self-starters looking to work in an environment where curiosity and drive are encouraged and rewarded.
Easy or hard, which crossword puzzle do you want to solve? Boston Engineering thrives on solving clients' toughest product innovation challenges, and you could be a part of it. We are currently seeking an experienced Principal Mechanical Engineer for commercial and medical product development projects.
Our projects vary from front-end proof of principle developments to evaluating the feasibility of new product requirements by introducing low, mid, and high-volume products. This position requires fluency in all aspects of the new product development process, working with small teams, and the ability to take the technical lead on mechanical engineering aspects of the project. Based on the range of mechanical designs conducted at Boston Engineering, breadth across various mechanical engineering areas is desireable.
- Proven track record for new product development from requirements through the successful introduction to manufacturing
- Experience leading mechanical system design on multi-disciplinary development projects
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems by employing expertise in creative and effective ways
- Provide leadership and mentorship to other engineers; plan, organize and prioritize your work and the work of others to meet deadlines
- Fluency in mechanical design of electromechanical products for low, mid, and high-volume production
- Experience in the development of and appropriate techniques for breadboards, proof of principle units, and prototypes as part of the new product development process
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to support the preparation of proposals and develop estimates in support of sales activities
- Understand and practice job role in our quality management system as trained
- Minimum of a BS degree in Mechanical Engineering plus 6-10 years of product development experience
- Expertise in MCAD, preferably in Creo and/or SolidWorks
- Expertise in the use of engineering analysis tools in product development, including CFD and FEA
- Experience in the development of products that include software, electrical, and mechanical design
- Demonstrated experience in new product development programs, bringing new products and new technologies successfully to market
- Demonstrated experience in DFM, DFA, and design for cost and reliability
- Experience in prototyping and rapid prototyping techniques
- Experience in product plastic part design, sheet metal, and stamping design, and high precision design of electromechanical systems
- Experience in motion system design and analysis, motion control, and robotics is a strong plus
- Previous experience in engineering services environment strongly desired
- Familiarity with ISO 9001 and ISO 13485 desired
- Medical device development experience desired
- No relocation is offered at this time
This role is restricted to US persons (i.e., US citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 USC 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. Boston Engineering will require proof of status prior to employment.
**Your application will not be considered complete without a writing sample.**
We offer a hybrid work environment that encourages our team to cross-train, pursue inspiring and innovative engineering, and experience a broad depth and breadth of opportunities Founded in 1995, we are located in Waltham, MA.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.