Job Identification 1400
Intertek, a leading provider of ATIC (Assurance, Testing, Inspection, and Certification) Services, is looking an Operations Manager to join our Electrical team in our Boxborough, MA office.
This is a fantastic opportunity to grow a versatile career in facilitating international trade and regulatory product testing. By joining Intertek, your contributions will be valued as we continue to help the world Build Back Ever Better.
Our office in Boxborough, MA works primarily in the Electrical Safety, Performance, and EMC business lines. This position is to join our 14-person Medical Electrical Safety team, where you'll work directly with medical device manufacturers across the globe in evaluating their products against published safety standards.
The Operations Manager reports to Director of Operations.
Scope of Work
Listed examples are illustrative and representative of the tasks required of this position and are not intended to be complete or exclusive. Duties may include the following:
- Day-to-day lab and staff management
- Manage the revenue/cost/EBIT for the facility and drive towards maximizing
- Identify and develop processes to enhance and maximize efficiencies and margin/expense
- Review project files for compliance with operating procedures
- Coordinate with other working groups to effectively reach and exceed targeted goals
- Mentor and develop staff by setting appropriate goals and objectives
- Maintain facility assets in accordance with Intertek Safety, Health, Quality and Compliance Policies
- Attend technical trade or association meetings
- Serve as a technical resource to employees and clients
- Manage and improve operational processes
- Interact with clients, accreditors and/or Authority Having Jurisdiction to resolve issues
- Provide support to engineering and sales
- Make business recommendations on capital expenditures and other initiatives
- Promote new business opportunities
- Perform other work as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or scientific discipline; advance degree is preferred
- Minimum of seven years management experience in a technical or engineering environment, preferably within a testing or product development laboratory
- Minimum of five years general management experience, including supervision of staff
- Experience with budgeting and managing P&L
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent leadership and team building skills
- Must possess entrepreneurial qualities
- Must be self-motivated and assertive
- Microsoft Office software expertise
- Ability to travel as business needs dictate
Why Work at Intertek?
Intertek is a world leader in the $250 billion Quality Assurance market, with a proven, high-quality business model and a global network of customer-focused operations and highly engaged subject matter experts. At Intertek, we exercise our spirit of innovation, the passion of our people and our unmatched customer commitment to realize our purpose of making the world an ever better, safer, and more sustainable place for all. Learn more about Our History and What We Do.
Intertek is committed to a safe work environment for our employees and clients. Learn more about our COVID-19 Policy.
What we Have to Offer
When working with Intertek, you can expect salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including
Competitive benefits package; Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability
401(k) with company matching
Competitive market pay
Generous vacation/sick time (PTO)
Tuition reimbursement and much more.
Relocation assistance for eligible candidates
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Intertek believes that Our People are our strongest tool for success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, or who need assistance applying, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-877-694-8543 (option #5) to speak with a member of the HR Department.