Medical Device Interaction Designer
Medical Device Interaction Designer
Canon Healthcare Optic Research Laboratory (HORL) in Cambridge, MA is collaborating with researchers at Massachusetts General Hospital and Brigham and Women’s Hospital to develop new medical imaging and surgical robotics technologies. HORL is looking for an experienced, enthusiastic Medical Device Interaction Designer (Designer, Interaction) to develop digital user interfaces of new, cutting edge medical devices.
– Explore interactive aspects of new medical device concepts and push boundaries of possible product architectures and physical/digital interface experiences
– Define and evolve user workflows, including both digital and physical interface elements, through iterative development, in collaboration with hardware and software engineers
– Develop and document static and interactive prototypes to explore user interface flows and interactions, and rapidly iterate based on input from colleagues and users
– Develop visual design language/guidelines for digital elements of products
– Deliver documentation to be used by software developers and/or patent applications
– Participate in testing, refinement, and documentation of UI design for product development
– Look inside and outside of the medical device industry to stay up to speed with existing and future trends in interaction design, and follow best practices
– Educate colleagues about interaction design and human-centered design processes
– Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Interaction Design or similar
– 3 Years of work experience in interaction design in the medical device industry
– Working knowledge of design thinking process, UX, information design, cognitive models and/or human-computer interaction principles
– Working experience with rapid prototyping tools such as Balsamiq, InVision, or similar, and interactive design/prototyping software such as Adobe Creative Suite or similar
– Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly to others in different functions, at various levels
About our Company – Canon U.S.A., Inc., is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions to the United States and to Latin America and the Caribbean markets. With approximately $36 billion in global revenue, its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), ranks third overall in U.S. patents granted in 2017† and is one of Fortune Magazine’s World’s Most Admired Companies in 2018. Canon U.S.A. is committed to the highest level of customer satisfaction and loyalty, providing 100 percent U.S.-based service and support for all of the products it distributes in the United States. Canon U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility. In 2014, the Canon Americas Headquarters secured LEED® Gold certification, a recognition for the design, construction, operations and maintenance of high-performance green buildings. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company’s RSS news feed by visiting www.usa.canon.com/rss and follow us on Twitter @CanonUSA. For media inquiries, please contact email@example.com.
† Based on weekly patent counts issued by United States Patent and Trademark Office. .
All referenced product names, and other marks, are trademarks of their respective owners. .
We are an EEO/AA employer. Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Candidates need to apply online at:
If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers’ site https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/about/careers, we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/about/careers