Medical Device Electrical Engineer
Medical Device Electrical Engineer
Canon USA’s Healthcare Optics Research Lab is a young organization that is gaining momentum. We are partnering with world class hospitals in the Boston area to turn cutting-edge medical research into usable, meaningful products. This Medical Device Electrical Engineer (Engineer) position is part of a medical device development team responsible for the design, implementation and verification of an innovative medical imaging device. It is a hands-on role inventing practical solutions to develop imaging hardware while meeting various functional and non-functional requirements of novel medical devices.
- Support/assist the electrical analysis, design, implementation, and verification of novel medical imaging devices that consists of electrical hardware design and data acquisition
- Ensure electrical design and documentation complies with medical safety and EMC/EMI standards
- Create documentation adhering to quality procedures, regulations, standards and industry best practices under Design Control
- Execute unit and integration test plans
- Lead board bring-up activities and work with other engineers to insure product functionality
- Support technical risk retirement
- Work effectively in cross-functional teams consisting of Research, Engineering, QA/RA, and Marketing
- Supports third party safety testing
- Analyzes test data and draws conclusions from findings to determine efficiency/reliability of prototypes
- Contribute to patent analysis and invention creations
- Define and author board level specifications
- Generate circuit models and simulations
- Complete component de-rating analyses
- Complete electrical design and failure mode effect analyses
- Create electrical schematics and bill of materials
- Designs printed circuit boards (PCB) for unit testing
- Review and/or creates board layout designs
- Develop PCBA level test cases and procedures to ensure that the PCBA meets electrical specifications
- Degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE)
- 3+ years of hands-on design experience in analog and/or digital design for circuit design and board layout
- Knowledge of IEC 60601-1, 3.1 edition Safety and Essential performance and IEC60601-1-2 4th edition Electromagnetic disturbances
- Must have experience integrating, testing, and verifying complex electrical systems
- Must have working experience with analog simulation, schematic capture, and PCBA testing
- Have the flexibility and curiosity to develop new skillsets, as the need requires
- Knowledge working with various optical sensors and detectors
- Knowledge of power supplies and motor drives
- Experience in intellectual property development
The company will not pursue or support visa sponsorship for this position.
About our Company - Canon U.S.A., Inc., is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions to the United States and to Latin America and the Caribbean markets. With approximately $36 billion in global revenue, its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), ranks third overall in U.S. patents granted in 2018† and is one of Fortune Magazine's World's Most Admired Companies in 2019. Canon U.S.A. is committed to the highest level of customer satisfaction and loyalty, providing 100 percent U.S.-based service and support for all of the products it distributes in the United States. Canon U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility. In 2014, the Canon Americas Headquarters secured LEED® Gold certification, a recognition for the design, construction, operations and maintenance of high-performance green buildings. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company's RSS news feed by visiting www.usa.canon.com/rss and follow us on Twitter @CanonUSA. For media inquiries, please contact email@example.com.
Job Type : ""
Education Level : ""
Experience Level : ""
Job Function : ""