UFP MedTech, a UFP Technologies, Inc (Nasdaq:UFPT) business, offers a full suite of design, development, process, and manufacturing services for single-use and single patient medical devices. We create OEM devices, subassemblies, components and packaging, from Innovation to Manufacturing, using a differentiated flexible materials portfolio with best-in-class operational excellence systems to improve patient outcomes for our clients.
Our culture is centered around innovation, collaboration, creativity, and service. This is the connective tissue that drives our pursuit of industry leadership and customer partnerships throughout our organization.
UFP Technologies, Inc. offers a competitive benefits package, including but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability Insurance
- 401K with a matching contribution
- Paid time off, Paid holidays, Employee discounts and much more!
Location: This position is based on-site in Newburyport, MA. The position holder will need to be within commuting distance (within 45 min). We are not offering relocation assistance at this time. The position will be on-site full time.
The Manufacturing Engineer applies knowledge of continuous improvement to enhance manufacturing quality, reliability, and cost-effectiveness. May design, or work with designers to refine product designs, to increase manufacturability, and decrease costs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Applies lean manufacturing techniques to reduce manufacturing waste.
- Provides direct production area support and identifies potential process improvements, efficiencies and safety issues. Continually monitors scrap rates and initiates projects to reduce scrap cost in manufacturing.
- Works with team leaders and production management to review shop order variances (material and labor) and initiates projects to eliminate variances and improve actual cost performance.
- Prepares Work Instructions to communicate the proper set-up and operation of manufacturing processes to produce products which meet customer requirements.
- Collects and utilizes data to make data driven decisions.
- Provides reports summarizing problem solving and corrective action efforts to production teams and customers as required.
- Assists in the design, install and troubleshooting of basic manufacturing equipment such as jigs, fixtures and gages.
- Utilizes engineering methodologies to determine root cause of failures using statistical methods and recommends changes in designs, tolerances, or processing methods.
- Prepares estimates and proposals for projects to aid in the approval of continuous improvement.
- Submits capital projects for approval, as required.
- Prepares reports summarizing information or trends related to manufacturing performance.
- Supports new product transfer into production, works with our design team on new product designs to ensure that our processes are capable of meeting customer requirements.
- Leads Risk Analysis document development meetings, Processes Flow Charts, PFMEAs, Control Plans and Validation Master Plans.
- Drives process capability evaluations, DOE, and Gage R& R Studies.
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or relevant discipline; and 5+ years in Manufacturing Engineering preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must have knowledge of lean manufacturing and other continuous improvement manufacturing methodologies. Experience with GD&T, CAD, Minitab, MS Project desired.
- Proven track record applying statistical analysis to develop and control processes in a manufacturing environment.
- Manufacturing experience must include process development and validation, risk analysis evaluation and documentation, and cost savings through process improvement, automation, and capital acquisition activities.
- Thermal forming and RF Welding experience preferred.
For more information on UFP MedTech, visit www.ufpmedtech.com.
UFP Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.