Manager, Supply Chain
Manager, Supply Chain
- Supervise directly reporting personnel.
- Leads the site Oracle MRP/ERP Implementation and Training Initiative.
- Controls, plans, directs and manages the supply chain to ensure customer demand fulfillment is balanced with service, delivery, and stock performance
- Ensures all established cost, quality, and delivery commitments are met, working within FDA medical device regulations, and applicable ISO standards.
- Responsible for achieving all demand, supply, inventory KPI’s.
- Directs the production planning and scheduling with cooperation and coordination of other departments to achieve production, maintenance, customer service, and engineering projects. Uses MRP to successfully Level Load Schedule to optimize Material & Labor costs.
- Responsible for Schedule Compliance and Providing Manufacturing with an achievable build plan.
- Oversees the procurement of all raw material, equipment, packaging, consumable items and indirect supplies and services to ensure adequate inventories for continuous, uninterrupted production schedules and engineering projects.
- Responsible for Production Data Accuracy and Integrity.
- Coordinates customer demand requirements with Corporate Planning team and Manufacturing to generate rolling 12-month or longer Production Plans
- Manage suppliers and third-party service providers including identification, selection, performance measurement, risk management, audits, communications, negotiations, contract management, and continuous development / improvement.
- Oversees the Shipping and Receiving Departments to assure that all raw materials and produced product are properly received, shipped, checked, warehoused, cycle counted and rotated.
- Identify and develop new sources of supply.
- Work with suppliers to establish VMI and Consignment Programs.
- Work with HR to ensure employees are hired, retained, and developed especially with respect to Oracle System.
- Responsible for site BOM’s and standard reviews
- Ensures all areas of warehousing are organized to 5S standards and that the workplace is safe from hazards.
- Capacity planning, forecasting, and inventory management.
- Establishes strong partnering relationships with cross functional management.
- Assists with maintaining and support of the Quality System to achieve Quality KPI’s; Monitors or is provided feedback on vendor performance, assists in conducting vendor audits, and manages the Supplier Score Card Process
- Optimizes the overall cost of ownership of materials and services at each link of the supply chain
- Documents entire demand and supply planning process and follows the standardized procedures
- Provides data and actively participates in Planning process meetings
- Leads Month-end close activities, including physical inventory process and variances.
- Maintains adherence to company policies, safety/ergonomic standards.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
What are we looking for?
- BS Degree in related field – MBA a plus
- APICS certification a plus
- Lean Certification a plus
- Experience and Skill Sets
- Minimum 10 years supply planning or supply chain experience
- Minimum 8 years purchasing experience
- Minimum 8 years Shipping/Receiving/Distribution experience
- Prefer experience with Oracle ERP systems and planning software
- Strong communication skills – experience dealing with international sites a plus
- Sound leadership qualities and demonstrated good judgment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient to advanced Microsoft Excel skills; Microsoft Access skills a plus
- Ability to travel up to 20%
Other: Ability to communicate well with all levels of staff and with other departments, both written and verbal. Good negotiation and feedback skills
Job Type : ""
Education Level : ""
Experience Level : ""
Job Function : ""