Key Account Manager & Business Development Manager Medical USA
WEIDMANN Electrical Technology Inc.
Job Title: Key account manager & Business development manager medical USA
Reports To: Head of Sales & Marketing (CH)
The Key account manager medical will be responsible for existing customers in the USA and Europe. Also in this role he will be responsible for acquiring new USA based customers for our site in Mexico. The Key account manager will sign responsible for developing a clear strategy for further entering the “IVD” and “Pharma” markets in the USA. He will establish strong links between the headquarters in Switzerland and the production site in Saltillo, Mexico.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Support the local existing customers, reply to enquiries, act as interface between customer and site in Mexico for commercial matters.
· Develops strategy and roadmap to enter the “IVD” and “Pharma” markets in the USA.
· Acquires new customers for Weidmann Medical in Mexico.
· Supports the team in Mexico and Switzerland during projects.
· Signs himself responsible for expanding the USA business and achieving the agreed sales goals and margins.
· Helps and initiates the communication between the Swiss team members, the customer and the production site in Mexico.
· Examines RFQs and contracts.
· Be familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures and be able to rely on own experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals to perform the required tasks.
· Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical engineering, plastics science, or business administration. In lieu of a degree, extensive knowledge of sales at a management level.
· 8 plus years relevant working experience.
· Ability to define and execute suitable strategies to expand business.
· Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction from manager to accomplish objectives.
· Problem solving and critical thinking skills to strategically manage and drive existing customer accounts.
· Represent Weidmann Medical in the USA.
· Hold speeches and presentations at relevant venues and exhibitions.
· The ability to summarize data logically and communicate information and recommendations clearly to all appropriate contacts. Comfortable presenting findings and recommendations to senior management.
· Demonstrated leadership and history of driving change and implementing efficiencies.
· Team player, experience in building effective cross functional relationships with business partners.
· Flexibility to work in a changing environment with multiple priorities.
· Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
· Experience using Microsoft Excel, Word, and Power Point tools.
· Extensive degree of self-motivation, home office based.
Weidmann Medical Technology, a business area of the Weidmann Group, develops and produces innovative, highly sophisticated injection moulding components for medical and pharmaceutical applications. The Weidmann Group, headquartered in Rapperswil-Jona, Switzerland, operates at over 30 locations worldwide and employs around 3,100 people.