Farm is looking for a head of New Product Introduction (NPI) of medical to join our product development group. In this position, you’ll have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of medical devices across multiple market vectors. Your expertise will be applied to managing and developing an NPI team embedded with the design and engineering organization.
You will work with cross-functional teams focused on delivering new product introductions from design to manufacturing. This person will grow and manage a team and provide subject matter expertise to develop, define, and execute project plans, schedules, budgets, and deliverables. You will be responsible for the new product implementation and ensuring that it aligns with the business needs.
You will work on cutting-edge medical device products to design and implement innovative and cost-effective product solutions of complex scope from early prototype development through full-scale production or anywhere in between.
Here is a glimpse of what you’ll do…
- Provide leadership and expertise in NPI-focused areas of design, including product/project management, product realization, DfX, design transfer, process engineering, and business analytics. Promote a concurrent engineering approach throughout the organization.
- Supervise NPI team activities and assists in establishing priorities for products in keeping with effective operations and cost factors. Refocus teams as necessary to ensure project requirements are met.
- Manage team activities centered around new product transfers to global manufacturing sites.
- Development of team members; recognition and analysis of individuals’ strengths and areas for improvement; and an ability to manage misalignment between individuals and/or groups.
- Guide, train, and mentor personnel within the department to ensure the correct level of knowledge and understanding of existing and new methodologies. Champion a continuous improvement culture/mindset concerning project delivery.
- Develop clear and measurable goals and objectives to quantify, track and report project status and team performance.
Here is some of what you’ll need (required)...
- Bachelor’s Degree in mechanical, biomechanical, or electrical engineering.
- 10+ years of experience in the engineering of complex mechanical products.
- 7+ years of management experience; strong leadership attributes.
- 5+ years in medical device or regulated industry.
- Outstanding technical leadership skills, Recognized experience leading complex systems and risk analysis.
- Understanding of product/process development, verification, and validation techniques and tools.
- Holds the team and oneself accountable for achieving the results expected by stakeholders and customers.
- Proficient in developing and managing work breakdown structures and general project management skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed to support the business (10-20%).
Here are a few of our preferred experiences…
- Advanced degree preferred.
- Proposal generation experience is highly desirable.
- Proficiency in medical device safety standards such as IEC 60601-1.
- Medical industry experience and familiarity with FDA and ISO 13485, ISO 14971.