Global Risk Director
Massachusetts, Westborough; Minnesota, Brooklyn Park
Global Risk Director
Working Location: MASSACHUSETTS, WESTBOROUGH; MINNESOTA, BROOKLYN PARK
Are you looking for a company that cares about people’s lives and health, including yours? At Olympus, we help make people’s lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling, every day.
Let’s inspire healthier lives, together.
The Global Risk Management Director is a critical leadership position that will be responsible for improving supplier risk resilience for the entire medial revenues of Olympus.
This position will lead a specialized team and the development, implementation and management of a robust global multi-tier supplier risk management to increase overall supply chain resilience and business continuity, global Procurement BCP strategy in alignment with corporate end to end BCP/BCM* plan, global Procurement ESG** strategy, annual policy, and multi-year targets in accordance with Olympus policy and global Procurement strategy to ensure Supplier Compliance in accordance with global regulations.
This position will govern the global supplier risk management program for all direct suppliers with support from global and regional category managers and in alignment with both medical divisions (ESD & TSD) and all business units (e.g., GI, URO, SD, ENT etc.).
* BCP/BCM – Business Continuity Planning/Business Continuity Management
** ESG – Environmental, Social and Governance
* Lead, mentor and manage Global team managing multi-tier Supplier risk, Procurement BCP, ESG and Supplier Compliance for all direct suppliers
* Lead the development and management of Global multi-tier Supplier Risk Management Program to increase overall supply chain resilience and business continuity
* Lead the development and management of Global Procurement BCP strategy, in alignment with end to end BCP/BCM plan for Olympus
* Lead the development and management of Global Procurement ESG strategy, annual policy, and multi-year targets in accordance with Olympus policy
* Lead the development and management of Global Procurement strategy to ensure Supplier Compliance in accordance with global regulations
* Understand industry trends and best practices in multi-tier supplier risk assessment and mitigation, end-to-end BCP, ESG and Supplier compliance and incorporate them into global Procurement strategy and processes in strong collaboration with corporate risk management, ESG and BCP programs
* Govern the global supplier risk management program for all direct suppliers with support from global and regional category managers and in alignment with medical divisions (ESD & TSD) and business units (e.g., GI, URO, SD, ENT etc.)
* Lead the development and management of a global risk register to include risk ratings, business impact, mitigation plans for all global direct suppliers
* Lead the development and management of global governance models for all initiatives related to multi-tier supplier management, ESG, end to end BCP and supplier compliance
* Promote a proper understanding of supply risks, multi-tier supplier risk management, BCP, ESG and supplier compliance strategies in the global organization by trainings, seminars, townhalls etc.
* Bachelor’s degree in Business or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and education and/ or training is required.
* Minimum of 3 years’ work experience in Procurement driving global supplier risk management, BCP/BCM, ESG is required.
* Minimum of 10 years’ work experience in Procurement is required.
* Excellent stakeholder management and confident in presenting to C-level audiences (English, Japanese a plus), excellent levels of spoken and written English is required.
* Willingness to travel domestic and international (< 20-40%).
* Experience with enabling a global multi-tier supplier risk management solution is preferred.
* Experience with MedTech/ related industries and/ or leading consulting companies is preferred.
* Proven know-how about industrial trends and latest thinking in multi-tier supply chain resilience and risk management, BCP/BCP, ESG requirements, applied experience in implementing innovative solutions is preferred.
* Strong facilitation, consultation and convening skills and experience.
* Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build trust and productive relationships with internal and external stakeholder.
* Self-motivated, open minded and change affine and ability to lead and empower cross-functional (virtual) teams
We realize work isn’t just a job to you.
It’s a big part of your life, but not the only part. That’s why we offer competitive salaries, a robust 401(k) program, annual bonus program and comprehensive medical benefits, as well as tuition reimbursement, flexible schedules, parental and adoption leave, on-site services and Colleague Affinity Networks — so you can be ready for where life can take you.
Olympus requires all new hires to be “fully vaccinated” against COVID-19, as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), on or before their first day of work. Individuals who have been offered employment who have a disability, medical condition, or sincerely-held religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated against COVID-19 are required to request and be granted a reasonable accommodation prior to their first day of work.
Olympus is passionate about the solutions it creates for the medical, life sciences, and industrial equipment industries, as well as cameras and audio products. For more than 100 years, Olympus has focused on making people’s lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling by helping detect, prevent, and treat disease, furthering scientific research, ensuring public safety, and capturing images of the world.
Olympus’ Medical business uses innovative capabilities in medical technology, therapeutic intervention, and precision manufacturing to help healthcare professionals deliver diagnostic, therapeutic, and minimally invasive procedures to improve clinical outcomes, reduce overall costs, and enhance the quality of life for patients. Olympus’ Medical portfolio includes endoscopes, laparoscopes, and video imaging systems, as well as surgical energy devices, system integration solutions, medical services, and a wide range of endotherapy instruments for endoscopic and therapeutic applications. For more information, visit www.olympus-global.com.
Olympus…True To You. True To Society. True To LIFE.
It is the policy of Olympus to extend equal employment and advancement opportunity to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship status, religious creed (including dress and grooming practices), age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth and/or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability (physical or mental) and/or a medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, veteran status or service in the uniformed services, and any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Posting Notes: || United States (US) || Massachusetts (US-MA) || Westborough ||