Financial Analyst Contractor (Temp)
Newark, California, United States
Triple Ring Technologies, Inc. offers a unique environment for talented individuals interested in undertaking varied technical challenges, primarily in medical device and life science industries. Headquartered in Newark, CA, we are an innovative research and development company that partners with clients to deliver complex technical solutions. Our highly interdisciplinary team includes senior professionals from industry, finance, and academia, with extensive experience in medical device, life science, clean tech, security, and industrial technologies. We rely upon each other for technical excellence, real-world engineering and commercial wisdom. Learn more at www.tripleringtech.com.
This position will play a central role in operating and capital budget management, financial planning, reporting and decision support. This position will work with leadership across multiple functions on a regular basis, providing financial analysis, forecasting, modeling, and reporting, project revenue accounting and strategic analytical support to senior financial management and corporate management.
Please note, this is a temporary contract position for 4 to 6 months.
- Prepare annual and quarterly budgets in support of operational objectives.
- Develop and maintain the various weekly, monthly and quarterly Financial reports.
- Develop fiscal year plans and forecasts and perform monthly and quarterly financial variance analysis.
- Prepare cost projections and provide insight and recommendations for cost-saving procedural changes.
- Perform analysis of key business information and drivers, presenting recommendations to company decision-makers and stakeholders.
- Monitor and analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators, including all areas of project revenue, sales forecast, and practice area metrics. Highlight trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variance.
- Develop ad-hoc financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives and provide decision support for special projects and initiatives.
- Support Senior Management Team and Departments heads with in-depth analysis of tactical resource planning and utilization modeling.
- Assist in developing finance and business presentations related supporting materials.
- Own accounts receivables collections, including communicating directly with clients and managing overdue client balances to ensure timely receipt of payments and cash flow.
- Support in Project coordinator duties – billing rules set up, other data entry duties (minimal)
- Own the Netsuite and Open Air superuser and administrator functions.
Education, Experience, and Skills
- Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in Finance, Accounting or equivalent directly related work
- MBA /CPA is a plus
- 3+ years of FP&A or Accounting experience, preferably in Investment banking, Management consulting or Public accounting.
- Robust accounting and finance background
- Elevated degree of proficiency and expertise with Netsuite, MS Excel and PowerPoint
- High energy, ownership of work product and dedication and commitment to driving results
- Takes accountability for delivering on commitments; owns mistakes and uses them as opportunities for learning and development
- Strong communication skills (oral, written and presentation)
- Able to build relationships across all functions and all levels of responsibility
- Ability to work well both independently and as a team
- Possess extreme attention to detail to produce accurate work
- Organized, flexible and easily adaptable to changing conditions
- Ability to work well in high pressure situations to meet deadlines
- Ability to multi-task and manage numerous simultaneous priorities
- Approaches problems from different perspectives to suggest and implement solutions
- Forecasts issues in advance to prevent potential impacts
- Facilitates communication between team members to ensure efforts are aligned
- Ability to solve complex problems
- Adept at using logic and reasoning to work through problems and analyze information
Must have at least 2 years of demonstrable prior work experience in the following:
- Excel superuser skills (pivot tables, macros, conditional formatting and data modelling)
- Fundamentals of Accounting and Finance Principles: financial reporting, profitability, risk/return, working capital and cashflow forecasting budgeting, strategic planning, valuations, month end & quarter end closing, variance analysis, account reconciliations, adjusting journal entries.
The hourly range for jobs which are performed in US, California is $45.00 to $55.00. Please note, the compensation range is a guideline and compensation may vary based on factors such as qualifications, skill level, experience, competencies and work location.
This role will be eligible for our hybrid work model which requires working onsite a minimum of 3 days per week: Tuesday, Wednesday, and 1-day of your choice. In certain circumstances the hybrid work model may change to accommodate business needs.
Triple Ring Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to workforce diversity, providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, or genetic information.