UFP MedTech, a UFP Technologies, Inc (Nasdaq:UFPT) business, offers a full suite of design, development, process, and manufacturing services for single-use and single patient medical devices. We create OEM devices, subassemblies, components and packaging, from Innovation to Manufacturing, using a differentiated flexible materials portfolio with best-in-class operational excellence systems to improve patient outcomes for our clients.
Our culture is centered around innovation, collaboration, creativity, and service. This is the connective tissue that drives our pursuit of industry leadership and customer partnerships throughout our organization.
UFP Technologies, Inc. offers a competitive benefits package, including but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability Insurance
- 401K with a matching contribution
- Paid time off, Paid holidays, Employee discounts and much more!
Reporting to the site leader, the Engineering Manager - MedTech demonstrates an action-oriented mindset and a focus on exceeding expectations, who operates with vision and integrity. This role is responsible for aligning and driving strategic initiatives in engineering activities and projects to support company goals and objectives, providing expert guidance, support and direction, and maintaining positive relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
The Engineering Manager shows exceptional leadership, communication and project management skills, years of management experience, and a belief in developing the skills and talents of others. This role must have experience in identifying and navigating organizational changes and commercialization of new MedTech products including NPI, DFM, and IQ,OQ,PQ.
This individual must take a “hands on” approach and be outcome focused while promoting speed to market, cost containment, and Lean 3P in support of quality improvements and cost reduction initiatives in all aspects of the business.
This position will be responsible for managing 5-10 Engineers and work onsite to ensure availability for personnel and product support.
Engineering Manager Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Functions as a strategic leader with other senior leaders to develop and enhance the delivery to the market.
- Consults with the leadership team to gain mutual understanding of the requirements and implications of the strategic and tactical decisions.
- Determines the engineering/technical organizational structure, required skill sets, and composition of the engineering organization.
- Leads Transitions of (NPI) New product introductions from Advance Engineering to the Manufacturing floor.
- Consults with internal and external experts to foster improved decision-making.
- Provides recommendation for efficiency improvements and automation opportunities.
- Supports manufacturing floor through sustainment practices in areas of optimizing uptime and process variation issues.
- Interacts with customers and prospects to understand their requirements and quickly develops innovations to meet or exceed their expectations.
- Demonstrates a hands-on approach to solving problems and works directly with the engineering and manufacturing teams.
- Works cross functionally with all department teams including planning, quality, purchasing, Program Management Office, production operations and production technical support.
- Responds to urgent technical challenges to satisfy customers inquiries.
- Performs root cause analysis of production, engineering, and quality issues.
- Allocates resources to address priorities.
- Manages productivity improvement programs designed to address quality issues, reduce labor costs and improve material yields; i.e. (VIP) Value Improvement Plan.
- Prepares justifications and submits Capital Requests for required equipment and manufacturing improvements.
- Ensures all projects adhere to recognized customer specifications and regulatory standards.
- Prepares tooling and product quotes.
- Develops production/product capacity analysis and improvement plans.
- Participates in new product equipment selection, plant layouts, product flow and installation.
- Takes a leadership role in defining safe practices. Promotes safety awareness within area of responsibility.
- Develops and administers employee training to properly instruct both new and existing employees on internal documentation and quality systems.
Engineering Manager Qualification Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- 7 to 10 plus years’ experience in progressively more responsible engineering management roles.
- Experience in Medical Device manufacturing and regulatory requirements is highly preferred.
- Experience with regulated quality systems like ISO-9001, ISO-13485 and FDA regulations or industry equivalent.
- Expert in project management, product lifecycle management (PLM), and new product introduction (NPI) practices.
- Excellent multi-project planning and systems skills with the ability to plan and coordinate large projects.
- Extensive knowledge of plastics processing technologies and/or materials processing equipment.
- Ability to provide technical coaching and leadership for an engineering staff.
- Demonstrated ability to retain, motivate and develop an engineering team across multiple locations. Strong talent management understanding and orientation.
- Proven track record of meeting product delivery deadlines on budget through implementing repeatable processes for forecasting and project/program management.
- Skilled in initiating inputs/outputs of a Validation (IQ/OQ/PQ) including testing methodologies and gauge R&R.
- Strong information technology skills with a high degree of computer literacy.
UFP Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
CLICK HERE TO APPLY