UFP MedTech, a UFP Technologies, Inc (Nasdaq:UFPT) business, offers a full suite of design, development, process, and manufacturing services for single-use and single patient medical devices. We create OEM devices, subassemblies, components and packaging, from Innovation to Manufacturing, using a differentiated flexible materials portfolio with best-in-class operational excellence systems to improve patient outcomes for our clients.
Our culture is centered around innovation, collaboration, creativity, and service. This is the connective tissue that drives our pursuit of industry leadership and customer partnerships throughout our organization.
UFP Technologies, Inc. offers a competitive benefits package, including but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability Insurance
- 401K with a matching contribution
- Paid time off, Paid holidays, Employee discounts and much more!
Responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the sites business goals and objectives. Ability to read and understand Ladder Logic along with making changes to a live system.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs scheduled maintenance, emergency and unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production
- Completes maintenance work orders, submitting to manager and/or entering into maintenance software, as required.
- Performs mechanical skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, HVAC, troubleshooting and repair of production equipment.
- Understands and troubleshoots and/or replaces or repairs PLC controllers.
- Reads and interprets manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnoses problems, replaces and repairs parts, tests and makes adjustments.
- Performs regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
- Performs a variety of plumbing and maintenance.
- Uses a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detects faulty operations, defective materials and reports unusual situations to appropriate supervisor.
- Supports employee training and development in total productive/predictive maintenance.
- Updates employees and team on the status of requested maintenance support.
- Specify hardware components and develop electrical wiring diagrams ensuring the design meets the controls requirements.
- Provides full life cycle management for automation infrastructure including strategy, design, programming, commissioning, change management, and on-going device maintenance.
- Participates as team member on automation projects to provide guidance and insight. Makes recommendations on improvements, best practices, maintenance and standardization of PLC and Operator interface systems. Works with various teams to create and maintain automation standards.
Education / Experience:
- Degree in Electronics Engineering Technology or equivalent work experience required.
- 1-3 years of maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment or equivalent technical experience.
- LOTO procedures preferred.
- Fork truck certification or experience preferred.
- Experience with Allen Bradley.
- Experience designing and programming control systems with emphasis on PLCs.
- Ability to troubleshoot control systems.
- Experience working with a variety of control systems including PLCs.
- Experience working in a highly regulated environment preferred.
- Ability to modify robot programs and taught positions.
- Ability to modify robot paths and functions.
UFP Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.