Electrical Engineer- Medical Testing
Electrical Engineer- Medical Testing
Job Identification 3955
Intertek, a leading provider of ATIC (Assurance, Testing, Inspection, and Certification) Services, is looking for an Engineer to join our Electrical team in Boxborough, MA. This is a fantastic opportunity to grow a versatile career in facilitating international trade and regulatory product testing. By joining Intertek, your contributions will be valued as we continue to help the world Build Back Ever Better.
Our office in Boxborough, MA works primarily in the Electrical Safety, Performance, and EMC business lines. This position is to join our 14-person Medical Electrical Safety team, where you'll work directly with medical device manufacturers across the globe in evaluating their products against published safety standards.
Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. Our network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices and over 43,000 people in more than 100 countries, delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification solutions for our customers’ operations and supply chains. Intertek Total Quality Assurance expertise, delivered consistently with precision, pace and passion, enabling our customers to power ahead safely.
The Electrical Engineer is responsible for performing testing and evaluation on a variety of products to the provisions of U.S., Canadian and other international product safety standards; writing reports; and communicating with clients. Under the guidance of a more senior Engineer, may also conduct on and off-site evaluation of products to determine compliance with applicable standard(s).
The Electrical Engineer is a salaried position working an average of 40-50 hrs. / week with biweekly pay cycles.
Position not eligible for sponsorship
- Read and determine applicability of national codes and standards clauses for the EUT (equipment under test).
- Validate the project scope and sample applicability.
- Set up and operate EUT; perform and document simple repairs on EUT as needed.
- Perform electrical and mechanical testing of products in accordance with standards.
- Complete preliminary design reviews (PDR) both on and off site.
- Develop, set up, and follow established test plans according to client protocols.
- Set up and operate standard test equipment including, but not limited to: spectrum analyzer, oscilloscope, multi-meter, dielectric strength tester, ground continuity tester, digital multi-meter, surge generator, over-voltage tester, environmental condition chambers, articulated probes. Use hand tools to build / calibrate test fixtures.
- Conduct thorough construction review of device design aspects against standard compliance criteria.
- Compile test results, analyze data, and product description information into report templates and shells. Submit report to reviewer for final approval.
- Communicate project status and test results to client, sales personnel, and management throughout testing.
- Provide on-going support to clients and Intertek sales representatives as needed.
- Within policy guidelines, identify, properly document, and recommend engineering judgments.
- Following sample handling procedures, ensure that sample is logged into and out of the system. Move equipment as needed through the facility.
- Properly package sample for shipment with S&R department assistance.
- Bachelor's or associate degree in Engineering (Electrical preferred, but not mandatory)
- 0+ years directly related experience.
- Experience with U.S., Canadian, and other international product safety standards preferred.
- Microsoft Office expertise.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Prior project management experience is a plus.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to make technical decisions and engineering judgments independently within established parameters.
- Ability to travel up to 15% as business needs dictate.
- A valid driver's license and reliable driving record is required.
Why Work at Intertek?
Intertek is a world leader in the $250 billion Quality Assurance market, with a proven, high-quality business model and a global network of customer-focused operations and highly engaged subject matter experts. At Intertek, we exercise our spirit of innovation, the passion of our people and our unmatched customer commitment to realize our purpose of making the world an ever better, safer, and more sustainable place for all. Learn more about Our History and What We Do.
Intertek is committed to a safe work environment for our employees and clients. Learn more about our COVID-19 Policy.
What we Have to Offer
When working with Intertek, you can expect salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including
Competitive benefits package; Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability
401(k) with company matching
Competitive market pay
Generous vacation/sick time (PTO)
Tuition reimbursement and much more.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Intertek believes that Our People are our strongest tool for success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.