Director of Procurement
At Cirtronics, we have always put our people first. This idea permeates our culture to its core. For over 40 years, it has driven us to manufacture superior products and services. As a result, we treat our Employees, as one would like others to treat oneself, ethics of reciprocity. We empathize with the demanding environment our customers operate, so we must create a workforce that is passionate about meeting and exceeding our customer’s expectations.
Because of our reputation, providing customized solutions, our people will be at the center in order to foster growth. In the process, we build long and trusting relationships. This partnership philosophy also applies within our own walls. We work together in small and large teams. Hierarchy is replaced with teams of engaged equals in which ideas trump tenure. And all doors are open.
Within Cirtronics, our people make a difference because of the leaders they become while here. Our employees are not just employees, they are employee owners. If you share our vision, we’d like to hear from you. Come be part of our great culture and apply now!
This role is responsible for the Purchasing function and ensuring that inventory levels, quality, cost, supplier partner relationships and on time delivery are effectively managed to meet and exceed the needs of the customers we serve. The role also requires a strong collaborative leader, one who inspires vision, leads by example, serves the organization and our customers and ultimately, seeks to motivate others so as to create an empowering, engaging and collaborative working environment.
• Coach and develop team members to build overall team capabilities and ensure an agile and responsive team.
• Helping to build strong and lasting relationships both internally and externally to the company.
• Ensure the functional strategy is aligned with the vision and values of the company.
• Keep apprised of market conditions and communicate to the organization.
• Be the subject matter expert in all areas of the Supply Chain, including planning, sourcing and buying.
• Establish and implement methods and best practices related to the systems and processes that support, purchasing, planning.
• Collaborate with Account Managers in order to understand customer forecasting, system demand loading and corrections associated with anticipated changes in customer demand.
• Collaborate with Quality to establish and implement a system to evaluate, monitor and report supplier score card performance.
• Monitor inventory positions to ensure optimum inventory levels are met to achieve customer service needs. Identify supply chain improvements that will enable customer satisfaction.
• Develop metrics for the team to ensure company and functional goals are being met.
• Responsible for all purchasing and raw material inventory at the site, must be able to establish and develop a robust material strategy and execution plan
• Maintain adequate supply levels, demand trend analysis focused on proactive signals to the supply base
• Manage effective relationships with existing and potential suppliers of goods and services to meet the established cost, quality and delivery targets
• Adhere to established company policies, procedures, terms and conditions and matters that affect purchasing policies
• Coordinate and work with quality, engineering, and operations to ensure 100% on-time delivery by establishing and monitoring schedules to proactively identify and address any issues.
• Achieve financial objectives by working with management to prepare the materials budget, schedule and operations plan annually
• Participates as a member of the operations team in making cross-functional operational decisions.
• Participates in MRB and CAR meetings to resolve quality issues working with both internal and external resources.
• Collaborate with other functions such as Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality, Planning and Account Management to ensure achievement of corporate goals.
• Well versed with managing inventory levels and implementing long-term supply agreements
• Comprehensive MRP understanding.
• 10 years minimum experience in Master/Planning/Scheduling role (preferred)
• Experience working in contract manufacturing.
• Strong decision making and problem solving abilities
• Lean manufacturing familiarity
• Time management and critical thinking abilities
• Demonstrated ability to lead and participate in cross-functional teams
• Highly effective communicator in written/verbal and through presentations
• Strong negotiation skills
• Strong analytical problem solving ability and ability to deliver results within tight deadlines.
• Ability to contribute in a cross functional collaborative environment
• Ability to develop and implement new programs and tools as the business evolves
• BS degree in Business or 10 years in related field
- Popcorn Mondays
- Tostitos Tuesdays
- Soft Serve Thursdays
- Early Release Fridays
- Free coffee daily
- On-site Fitness and Recreational Center
- Medical HMO & PPO Plans
- FSA (Flexible Spending Account)
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- 401 (k) Retirement Plan
- ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Program)
- Profit / Risk Sharing
- Company paid - Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance for Employee, spouse & child
- Company paid - Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Vacation Time
- 10 paid holidays
- Full time employees are provided 30 hours per year as paid time off to volunteer during their normal working hours for things like a highway clean up, the Special Olympics or maybe a breast cancer awareness walk
- Tuition Reimbursement
- and more.............
*Please Note: Critical functions of this job are defined above. However, they are subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
Cirtronics Corporation is an ITAR registered corporation. Candidates must be able to demonstrate upon hire that they are either US Citizens or lawful Permanent Residents of the US.