Director of Marketing
Director of Marketing
MIACH Orthopaedics, Inc. is a privately held company located in Westborough, Massachusetts, dedicated to developing bio-engineered surgical implants for connective tissue repair. The company’s initial focus is on the Bridge-Enhanced® ACL Repair (BEAR®) technology as a viable alternative to conventional ACL reconstruction for patients who have sustained an ACL injury. The BEAR technology was pioneered by Martha Murray, M.D., at the Boston Children’s Hospital Department of Orthopaedic Surgery with initial research funding provided by the NFL Players Association, Boston Children’s Hospital and the National Institutes of Health.
The BEAR implant is designed to help regenerate a patient’s own ACL tissue. It does not require a second surgery to remove a healthy tendon from another part of the leg or using a deceased donor’s tendon.
The physician simply inserts the BEAR implant between the torn ACL ends and injects a small amount of the patient’s own blood in the implant during a minimally invasive arthroscopic procedure. The combination of the BEAR implant and the patient’s blood enables the body to heal the torn ends of the ACL back together.
Clinical studies have demonstrated that the BEAR implant restores torn ACL quality and size similar to a patient’s non-injured ACL. It is hoped that by providing more normal anatomy and function of the knee, a higher percentage of patients will be able to return to activities they enjoy.
Currently, the BEAR implant is an investigational device and is only available in FDA approved clinical trials.
Reporting to the VP Sales and Marketing, the Director of Marketing is responsible for ensuring that all elements of the marketing and commercialization strategy support the successful launch of Miach’s products to achieve projected market adoption and revenue goals.
This person is responsible for key initiatives to optimize the effectiveness of the sales organization’s selling efforts, ensure that key programs such as Medical Education are effectively managed and executed and for a communication plan consistent with company direction. The Director of Marketing will be responsible for the planning, coordination, management and execution of these programs.
- Working closely with VP Sales and Marketing, develop, manage and coordinate commercialization of new products
- Develop comprehensive, well-thought out plans to include key messages, launch materials, reimbursement dossier, VAC approval package, support and training materials, etc.
- Coordinate and manage activities to ensure successful commercialization
- Establish analytics to measure effectiveness of activities, monitor field activities and course correct to address issues
- Responsible for all communications to industry and customers
- Consistent with company objectives and working closely with CEO and VP Sales and Marketing, develop and implement PR programs to include social media, journal articles, press releases, etc.
- Provide direction and oversight to PR consultant
- Responsible for website messaging, content, direction and updates; ensure updates are timely and relevant; monitor and report website activities routinely
- Track and monitor program effectiveness and progress to plan and provide reports monthly; provide recommendations for improvements or course corrections
- Develop a comprehensive sales training program to ensure effective sales account selection, targeting and conversion
- Create sales training module to ensure that sales reps are effective in messaging and positioning the BEAR implant
- Conduct training as needed
- Consistent with company objectives, develop and execute continuing medical education activities.
- Develop comprehensive medical education plans
- Work closely with KOLs to ensure content is compliant and consistent with company policies and direction
- Coordinate all logistics necessary to ensure successful implementation
- Monitor and course correct programs as necessary
- Establish sales portal for easy access to sales support and education materials; provide timely updates
- Develop comprehensive trade show and conference plans consistent with company objectives
- Manage and coordinate logistics
- Ensure booth materials are consistent with company strategy
- Establish and manage booth attendance by Miach personnel
- Coordinate side meetings in conjunction with conferences as appropriate
- Evaluate and provide feedback after each conference, course correct for future events as needed
- Manage marketing expenses to ensure spending is within budget
- Other duties as required
- BA business, business development or marketing, MBA preferred
- 10 plus years of demonstrated high level of achievement in marketing/sales in medical device, supplies or healthcare.
- Demonstrated track record of launching disruptive medical device technologies, managing medical education programs and PR activities; strong downstream marketing experience
- Experience in orthopedics or sports surgery preferred
- Ability to ‘roll-up’ sleeves and do what it takes to get the job done
- Excellent project management skills with ability to coordinate multiple activities at once and bring them in on schedule
- Ability to develop relationships with key stakeholders across the organization and the industry
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate at multiple levels of the organization and is effective in presenting their point of view
- Excellent analytical skills
- Self-starter with excellent time management skills
- Must have strong attention to detail and be highly organized
- Ability to travel up to 40%
Miach Orthopaedics actively recruits individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit and drive for excellence. We offer comprehensive benefits and competitive compensation packages. Miach is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified candidates and employees.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to our Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title of the position you are applying for in the subject line. Please note agency phone calls or submissions will not be accepted at this time.
Job Type : ""
Education Level : ""
Experience Level : ""
Job Function : ""