Director, Head of Human Resources
Director, Head of Human Resources
Sherlock Biosciences, an exciting new diagnostic company based on next-generation CRISPR and Synthetic Biology technology platforms, is seeking an outstanding Director, Head of Human Resources to lead and provide HR direction through all levels of the company. The successful candidate will join and support an exciting and fast-paced team focused on improving human health worldwide. This role reports directly to the CEO and will bring strategic HR expertise across recruiting, benefits administration, training and development, and employee relations.
- Manages the full recruitment process for Sherlock Biosciences.
- Partner with in-house recruiter and hiring managers on recruiting priorities and performs sourcing and targeted candidate outreach.
- Analyzes market data to make compensation and benefit recommendations to ensure we are an employer of choice in the market.
- Develops and recommends recruiting strategies to meet current or anticipated staffing needs; advises management on organizing, preparing, and implementing recruiting and retention strategies.
- Drafts and presents offer letters to prospective employees, process all onboarding related paperwork, and supports new employee orientation.
- Represent company culture initiatives through internal and external outreach, and ensure employee and leadership alignment with company values and mission.
- Direct management and employee actions by developing, updating, and communicating HR policies, guidelines, and processes.
- Addresses employee relations issues and provides conflict resolution.
- Supports reporting needs for CEO to include reporting in to Sherlock Biosciences leadership team and Board on HR trends and issues that impact business objectives.
- Ensure compliance and reporting with all applicable policies and employment law requirements.
Learning & Development
- Oversees internal and external training program, ensuring a commitment to learning is part of the employee experience.
- Monitor employee professional/career development and succession planning.
- Coordinates the scheduling and logistics for all company trainings, and hosts frequent all-staff meetings and trainings.
- Provide individual, departmental, and leadership coaching and education on areas such as company policies and benefits, reviews and performance, organizational change initiatives, and assorted HR trainings.
- Collects and analyzes feedback from the Sherlock Biosciences team and makes recommendations on program changes.
- Develops and administers a comprehensive annual performance review process.
- Leads the presentation of benefits orientations and related benefits training.
- Administers all benefits programs on behalf of the Company and ensures compliance with procedures, laws and regulations.
- Liaise with vendors and support teams to obtain cost-effective employee benefits, manages renewal decisions and forms, and monitors benefits environment for options aimed at employee satisfaction and retention.
- Backup the finance team with payroll support, file sharing and employee updates, and budgeting for various HR and operations initiatives (events, employee recognition, staff and space growth, etc).
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree, minimum of 10 years’ progressive experience in a Human Resources role.
HR certification is a plus!
Direct experience in a start-up environment preferred.
- Demonstrate a passion for supporting others at all levels of a company, at times acting as generalist while also having the ability to provide 1:1 high level coaching.
- Exceptional written, verbal, and empathetic communication skills are a must.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently and also collaborate in a team setting.
- Focused attention to detail, execution of tasks, and accountability.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain multiple projects and seek assistance when priorities compete.
- Must be flexible, willing to take initiative, and highly collaborative.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, conference/webinar attendance, maintaining networks, and participating in professional and STEM organizations
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, Egnyte, and ADP.
The ideal candidate will be prepared to BE GREAT!
Boldness - We will push boundaries and confidently confront any challenge.
Excellence - We will be our best and help our team members be their best.
Growth - We will support each other to advance our careers and achieve our personal goals.
Respect - We care about ourselves and each other, behaving honestly and with integrity.
Equity - We will build a diverse and inclusive team which treats each other as we expect to be treated.
Accountability - We expect the team and hold each other responsible to meet our obligations.
Trust - We will be open in our communications and support anyone acting on our core values.