Washington DC Area/Close to Dulles International Airport
Clinical Specialist (Washington DC Area/Close to Dulles International Airport)
Paragonix Technologies is a rapidly growing medical device manufacturer which designs, manufactures, and commercializes organ preservation technologies. Our dynamic team is committed to improving the lives of transplant patients by providing advanced technologies to ensure optimal preservation for donor organs on the journey to their ultimate recipients. Our primary offices are in Cambridge, MA.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the Clinical Director, the Clinical Specialist position is a critical member of the clinical and sales team. The Clinical Specialist will be located in the Washington DC Area/Close to Dulles International Airport (or surrounding areas) no further than 30 minutes away from a major airport. The Clinical Specialist responds to requests for on-site clinical support throughout Paragonix territories, up to, and including the entire US. This individual will be responsible for guiding and making recommendations to the surgical team in proper usage of the device according to the device Instructions for Use. The guidance and recommendations will be specific to each individual organ. In addition, the role includes support in sales activities as directed by the Regional Territory Manager.
- Provide guidance and recommendations to medical transplant teams in the proper, safe, and effective use of highly specialized organ preservation equipment for use in organ transplant procedures. This position requires highly specialized knowledge of the Paragonix organ preservation devices and the ability to make quick, independent decisions and provide independent guidance on the proper and effective use of the organ preservation equipment.
- Make independent, real-time decisions and provide independent, real-time guidance and recommendations for time-critical organ transplant situations to both the medical team removing the organ from the donor, and the medical team performing the transplant operation.
- Responsible for guidance and recommendations on the use of the Paragonix App and training medical personnel to enable the safe and effective use of organ preservation equipment on a case-by-case basis to meet their particular circumstances.
- Provide guidance and recommendations to medical teams with urgent support on usage of organ preservation devices and associated applications on an independent, case-by-case basis in matters of time-critical transplant situations.
- Responsible for independently establishing and maintaining credentialing at client facilities.
- Independently secure personal transportation to meet critical medical time constraints and submits via expense reporting system.
- Provide feedback to Clinical Director, Manager of Clinical, Technical Support and Analytics, and Regional Territory Manager upon completion of a transplant case.
- Required to maintain supply of field inventory as needed by Paragonix for case related activity.
- Act as a supply depot and transportation partner for field inventory management
- Ensure appropriate documentation is submitted timely as designated by Clinical Director.
- Cover Urgent Support Line as designated by Clinical Director and Manager of Clinical, Technical Support and Analytics.
- Conduct in-person/remote customer training and education for all Paragonix devices.
- Support Sales duties as assigned by Clinical Director.
- Serve as the in-person face and representative for Paragonix through the most critical period of use of the company’s devices to ensure proper guidance and recommendations are provided during the entire advanced organ preservation process.
- Must have Bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant field (e.g., nursing, health care, science, or technology) or equivalent education or experience in related field
- Required to live within 30 miles of international airport
- Must be detail oriented and able to provide accuracy in communication.
- Must have the ability to work with all levels of personnel in several healthcare settings and able to adapt to work within the particular guidelines of various institutions.
- Must be able to simultaneously execute upon multiple complex processes and exercise discretion to prioritize tasks to optimize workflow to ensure compliance with established policies and timelines.
- Operating room experience in an Organ Procurement Organization or hospital-based transplant team
- Certification as a Certified Procurement Transplant Coordinator (“CPTC”); Certified Transplant Preservationist (“CPT”), Certified Clinical Transplant Coordinator (“CCTC”), or Certified Clinical Transplant Nurse (“CCTC”)
Paragonix Technologies is committed to equality and affirms the right of every qualified applicant to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, ancestry, military service, protected veteran status.