Client Services Sales Director
Client Services Sales Director
BRANY (Biomedical Research Alliance of NY LLC) was founded in 1998 by leading academic medical centers including NYU School of Medicine, Montefiore Medical Center, Icahn School of Medicine, and Northwell Health. BRANY is the premiere resource for research support services for hospitals, academic medical centers, and investigators. BRANY's services, which are designed to improve research efficiency and quality, include an array of outsourced clinical trial start up services such as IRB review, contracting and Medicare coverage analysis. BRANY IRB was the first IRB in New York to be accredited by AAHRPP. BRANY is also the developer of Protocol Builder®, an award-winning protocol writing tool for investigator-initiated research.
BRANY is growing and looking to expand our services to the biotech, sponsor and CRO market. We are looking for a Client Services Sales Director that will interface with decision makers at pharmaceutical and biotech companies, AMCs, hospitals, and universities. The Client Services Sales Director is also accountable for tracking, managing, and meeting BRANY’s monthly/quarterly/ annual Client Services sales goals. Success will be measured based on meeting the following criteria:
- Develop and execute a sales strategy that enables sales targets to be achieved in the following areas: A) IRB/IBC Services to Sponsors/CROs B) IRB/IBC services to Hospital and Academic Medical Centers C) Outsourced Clinical Trial Support Services to Hospitals/Academic Medical Centers
- Utilize consultative sales experience to sell clinical research solutions and services to AMCs, hospitals, and universities, and pharma and biotech companies as applicable
- Work with various BRANY service lines to create compelling messaging for clients and prospects that drives new business
- Develop account management strategies for existing clients
- Face-to-face client engagement is expected with local clients, conference attendance, and some targeted travel throughout the year
- Constantly monitors competition, including strengths and weaknesses of competitors, and reports competitive activity to Sr. leadership on a regular basis
- Maintain a positive selling environment, provide leadership and enthusiasm
- Maintain skillful understanding of the clinical research market from both the view of AMCs, hospitals, and universities as well as pharmaceutical companies, biotech companies, and clinical research organizations (CROs). Communicate changes and challenges that may impact sales and company growth
Responsibilities of the Client Services Sales Director:
- Identifies and closes sales opportunities via existing relationships, networking, and targeted market research
- Establishes Annual and quarterly sales goals
- Works with leadership to design special programs to engage new clients, marketing incentives, and create strategic partnerships as well as other innovative revenue generating opportunities for the business
- Takes the lead in gathering information by maintaining regular top-level sales calls to clients, partner organizations, and potential clients
- Analyzes pipeline and lead data, deliver periodic reporting (sales dashboard) to senior leadership and other teams providing key business insights
- Learns all service offerings including software such as Protocol Builder® and SMART, clinical trial management system. To be effective at selling BRANY services the Sales Director must have intimate knowledge of the service offerings
- Has a strong curiosity and passion for the activities and trends in the clinical research marketplace
- Handles the day-to-day responsibilities of Institutional Sales including meeting with management
- Effectively utilizes sales and marketing automation platforms, including CRM (e.g. Sales Force)
- Monitors expenses to keep spending within budgeted levels. Keep leadership advised of any variance spending.
- Provides competitive feedback so all marketing strategies are developed with necessary input about tactics and strategies of competitors
- Submits sales expense reimbursement forms in a timely manner and monitor adherence to budgets and company policies with regard to Travel and Entertainment
- A minimum of 8 years' experience executing business development and sales in the medical research market including AMCs, hospitals, universities, pharmaceutical, biotech or life sciences industry
- Demonstrated ability to achieve sales goals. Describes oneself as having a “hunter” sales persona
- Demonstrated strong leadership qualities
- Superior oral and written communicator
- Ability to spot and respond to problems and opportunities quickly
- Creates effective sales strategies
- Experienced at developing sales presentations, proposals, and responding to requests for proposal (RFPs)
- Strong computer skills including MS office, CRM, and use of custom databases
- Understands and supports/drives profit goals for the company
- Working knowledge of clinical research, sales promotion, and all current digital advertising programs
- Bachelors Degree
Job Type : ""
Education Level : ""
Experience Level : ""
Job Function : ""