SMC IS HIRING!!
Help in the manufacturing of products that save lives while growing your career!
SMC Ltd. is a contract manufacturer of medical devices, drug delivery systems and diagnostic kits, including those used to fight against COVID-19. In these unprecedented times, SMC is considered an essential manufacturer and will remain open and operational!
We are looking for people wanting to make a difference and willing to learn. We provide a clean work environment, on-the-job training, and growth opportunities. Wages are based on experience. Local candidates only.
POSITION SCOPE AND PURPOSE: Responsible for development of automation, equipment, and systems for new projects, and equipment already in operation. Develop and implement manufacturing and automation equipment, and improving manufacturing methods and procedures in accordance with product specification and quality standards.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Participate on project teams as assigned in support of new projects. Perform research, review, and develop manufacturing equipment and automation systems maximizing efficiencies, analyzing layout of equipment, workflow, assembly methods and work force utilization. Responsible for the fabrication, assembly, testing, and development of secondary equipment & processes, automation and assembly equipment, EOATs, fixtures, etc. Develop proper documentation, operation instructions, and training aids.
- Analyze and evaluate manufacturing methods / equipment to not only maintain state-of-the-art systems but also provide solutions for problems that adversely affect costs, operator safety, productivity and quality. Recommend and implement cost reductions in manufacturing to improve yield, reduce scrap, and increase efficiencies.
- Regular attendance and professionalism.
OTHER POSITION DUTIES:
- Fabricate or coordinate fabrication, develop, and implement automation, assembly, and test equipment based on approved budgets. This may involve internal design & manufacture, or specification, quoting, sourcing and managing external automation suppliers.
- Develop documentation related to equipment and systems for standard operation, preventive maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Responsible for executing equipment tests and supporting validations per IQ, OQ, & PQ protocols. Includes documenting procedures used and test results and analysis.
- Abide by all applicable SMC procedures and guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years hands on experience with equipment, automation / robotics, machines, and or any electromechanically system.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Ability to work from 2D prints and CAD details and review 3D solid models. (Solidworks experience is preferred)
- Demonstrated experience and or interest with PLC programming, Vision systems, robotics, pneumatics, and electronics.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and communication skills.
- Strong team player.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and bend to move up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
- Must be able to stand for long periods of times in front of automation equipment.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 20 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Balancing, Stooping, Kneeling, Crouching, Crawling, Reaching, Standing, Walking, Pushing, Pulling, Lifting, Fingering, Grasping, Feeling, Hearing, and Talking.
- Repetitive Motions: Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; expansive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly of fabrication of parts at distances close to the eyes.
EQUIPMENT USED: Computer, printer, telephone/cell phone, calculator, automation equipment, and
CONTACTS: Customers, all SMC employees, Vendor Sales Representatives.
SUPERVISION OF PEOPLE: This position does not supervise employees.
ACCESS TO CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION: An executed non-disclosure agreement is required prior to start date.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent(s) of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position. SMC Ltd. will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the ADAAA.
This job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and other job functions are subject to modification.
Job Type : Full-Time